What is the Nicest Resort or Hotel you stayed at in Orlando?

May 17, 2016, 11:16 AM

We have stayed at several Resorts in Orlando over the past 10 years. I personally like the Sheraton Vistana Resort on Rt 535. It is a huge older resort but has 7 pools and lust foliage with many small ponds with fountains.

I know there are many Hotels and Resorts that range from high end places like Four Seasons Orlando to the Comfort Inn.

I am wondering where and what was your favorite in Orlando and why…

Replies (13)

May 17, 2016, 12:23 PM

Royal Pacific is great. Portifino is the best.

May 17, 2016, 12:59 PM

I've stayed at the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, and the Animal Kingdom, and I like Animal Kingdom the most by far.

May 18, 2016, 1:31 PM

Gran Floridian inside Disney and Hyatt Convention Center in Orlando.

May 18, 2016, 2:21 PM

Walt Disney World Dolphin - absolutely beautiful, great restaurants and the most convenient location on WDW property. Very underrated and also super affordable as they often run great deals comparable to the price of Value Resorts.

Hard Rock Hotel - awesome theme and decor, also great restaurants and the most convenient location on UO property.

Edited: May 18, 2016, 3:40 PM

Hands down, the Four Seasons at Walt Disney World. Amenities are exceptional. Rooms are extraordinary. Service is incomparable. No other Orlando resort is even close.

Edited: May 18, 2016, 8:59 PM

TH, have you bought your get-away home at Golden Oak yet? (You know whom to call...)

Seriously, though, there are SO MANY great options in Orlando. It's not just a question of "best" but of "best for your style, wants, and budget."

May 18, 2016, 9:53 PM

That's a tough call. You can't go wrong with Motel 6 or Super 8.

I haven't stayed at a ton of nice ones, but the animal-view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge give you a pretty unique experience, and the room was very nice.

May 19, 2016, 3:56 AM

Renaissance Resort right by SeaWorld. Great hotel, never had a problem. Great pool bar, great pool seats, ice cream parlour, Starbucks, balconies. Love it.

May 21, 2016, 4:12 PM

Royal Pacific is my hands-down favorite. But for a non-Universal or Disney hotel, the Hilton Orlando on International Drive (next to the convention center and just a mile or two from SeaWorld), is excellent. I've heard its exterior compared to a hospital, but its interior is beautiful and service is exceptional.

Edited: May 22, 2016, 12:52 AM

I've always loved Caribbean Beach. The tropical theme, the leisurely strolls, and best of all, some good views of Epcot's (and to a lesser effect DHS's) fireworks from a beach. However it is out of my price range now and Motel 6's are the deal for me on vacation.

May 23, 2016, 11:37 AM

Hmm, nicest I've been to is Four Seasons, but I would probably not recommend the cost of staying there if visiting the parks is where the majority of your time will be spent. At the end of the day you just need a clean bed. There are several far cheaper, very nice locations on property with way better transport. If you plan on using a lot of the hotel amenities Four Seasons wins there hands down.

May 27, 2016, 6:21 AM

Animal kingdom lodge was probably the nicest, followed by Contemporary and Polynesian. However for the money and the theme I really like Port Orleans (French Quarter). It's like being in N.O. without the crime.

May 29, 2016, 7:11 PM

I just got back from Disney and Universal stayed at the Disney all star movies not impressed then we stayed at the Royal Pacific Beautiful Hotel. I know there not in the same price range but i did go over to check out the Cabana Bay resort same price range as the all star disney resorts those are dumpy compared to the Cabana Bay.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive