Price increase for Universal Studios?

May 7, 2014, 9:28 AM

Last weekend my husband was on the universal orlando website and it showed what we think may be the new ticket prices. It was up for a few hours, then pulled down and the old prices were back on the website.

It made you select the date you were going to first visit the park and the prices varied depending on the date, with a one day park to park as $189!!

Any insight as to if this is truly going to be the price upon the WWHP expansion or some sort of glitch?

Replies (5)

May 7, 2014, 1:12 PM

Verrrry interesting....

You didn't happen to get a screen grab, did you?

May 7, 2014, 2:53 PM

for July I bought 4 2-day park to park with unlimited express. This turned out to be 1,300$

May 7, 2014, 4:00 PM

I didnt get a screen shot. Had I known that the prices would be posted and pulled within 6 hours I would have been sure to get evidence. I have googled everywhere and have not found anywhere that saw it...:-):-)

May 8, 2014, 6:59 AM

That price just seems completely wrong. It's essentially double the current price for a 1-day 1-park pass, which is $96 (the park to park option currently brings the price up to $136). I could see that being the 2-day 2-park pass, which is currently $176.99. Even a 1-day WDW park hopper ticket is just $142.71 (including MK), so going another 32% above that is simply obscene, and completely unbelievable. I think that $189 price makes a lot more sense for the 2-day 2-park pass, which would be a more modest, yet significant, 7% increase, along with the elimination of the free 3rd day promotions UO has been running a lot in the past.

If this is true, Universal seems to think the Hogwart's Express is worth $93 (the difference between this rumored price and the current 1-day 1 park pass). I believe UO will take advantage of the park to park requirement that the new attraction brings, but to fleece customers that much seems a bit outrageous. I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, we are searching around for currently available discounted UO passes that will still be valid in October when we'll be visiting the parks.

May 8, 2014, 7:52 AM

I don't disagree that it was outrageous, which is what prompted me to ask if anyone had an insight as to if was true or a glitch, but I find it hard to believe that a website could glitch to make you select a day for your ticket to begin in advance AND raise the price that much

I guess only time will tell

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive