An interesting Rumor regarding Terminator 2

Edited: September 21, 2016, 8:37 PM

So recently I have heard some interesting stuff planned for Universal regarding one of the older attractions; It seems that plans for Terminator 2 getting a refurb have been terminated (see what I did there?) for a year long TWD house.The plans for TWD are recent as the refurbs for T2 were planned to start soon. However, it seems those plans are no more. This is part of the reason as to why Universal is billing this year's HHN TWD as the last year, as plans for a year long haunt have been given the green light after they saw how sucessful the Hollywood house has been and the attendance spike between that and Harry Potter. Plans are for T2 to close either by the end of this year or early next year and have the new house up and running by next years HHN. I dont know wether or not it will open before Fallon, but the current plan Universal has right now is to debut at least 2 new attractions per year

Replies (4)

September 21, 2016, 7:31 PM

When I talked to Greg Nicotero, he had no idea if Universal was planning TWD Attraction here in Orlando. However, he may not be in charge of that. It would not surprise me if they have TWD there, because it does make a good venue. Keep us updated if you get any more info!

September 21, 2016, 11:31 PM

Let's not start threads or posts with the word "so".

I don't like the idea because I don't watch The Walking Dead because I am not a horror fan. I assume that's what TWD means, since you never specified. ;)

I don't have a better idea myself, so I vote for leaving it be. For now.

September 22, 2016, 4:21 AM

T2 is one of my top 5 attractions at USF. I don't want it to go for a freakin Walking Dead Maze.

September 23, 2016, 6:11 AM

As much as it makes sense to bring The Walking Dead to Florida--California's success, by Horror Make-Up Show, a way to dip your toes in HHN fare--this just rubs me the wrong way. T2:3D is such a great show! If it were to go, I feel like Universal would be better off doing anothing original dark ride with their iconic Horror characters. That's probably juat wishful thinking on my part, but I'd rather them do something else with that space than cashing in on a series that's facing fatigue from some of its TV audiences as well from being overdone at HHN.

Or they can leave T2 as is.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive