Good food at universal??

October 21, 2016, 4:54 PM

Hi! Me and my friends are going to Universal Hollywood and we are looking to eat somewhere good. Any suggestions also I literally have no preference for food and so do my friends. Allergies: Almonds, that's it.

Replies (6)

October 21, 2016, 10:14 PM

Just for your convenience, if you have several questions it may be easier to ask them in one thread so all the information is together. Anyway...

If you or your friends are big Harry Potter fans, you absolutely need to eat at the Three Broomsticks in Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This location does get crowded, so it is best to plan for either an early or late lunch (you may wait 30+ minutes if going at 12-1 P.M.). The restaurant offers numerous options, all British pub fare, as well as the signature Harry Potter drinks.

If Three Broomsticks isn't your cup of tea, I'd recommend any of the eateries in the Springfield U.S.A. mini-land. My personal favorites are Krusty Burger and Cletus' Chicken Shack (which server burgers and chicken, respectively), but all of them are pretty good. Additionally, there are dozens of dining locations just outside the park in Universal CityWalk, so if you can't find what you want inside the park or it's peak meal time just head out here.

October 22, 2016, 9:25 AM

AJ: Me and my friends each made a post (as I see now) so that's why it's like that. Also I've heard of the three broomsticks before and we will make plans next weekend (reserve spots and all that) and we think we should try it. Thx for saying it is crowded so we will make sure we reserve. Incase we can't were thinking of Krusty's now.

October 22, 2016, 12:02 PM

I really wish that Universal would stay open until 7pm on non-HHN, non-summer weekdays, so that I could get over to The Three Broomsticks and Springfield for dinner after school/work more often. The 6pm closes just don't make those trips worth the time and effort.

October 22, 2016, 1:51 PM

Okay, Hpentcoaster, that makes sense. All of you using one account threw me off.

Unfortunately, you can't make a reservation at Three Broomsticks since it is not a full service restaurant (USH actually doesn't have a full service restaurant inside the park...they're all in CityWalk). When you get to the restaurant, you'll wait in a single line until you get to the registers, where you'll be directed to an open register to order. Next, you go to the corresponding window and pick up your order when your name is called. After your entire party has collected their food, you go to the host who will show you to a table. As a benchmark, if the wait is backed up to the door of the restaurant it will be about 20 minutes, and if the entire exterior queue is full it is about 40. What I usually do is aim for doing the Studio Tour at 12-1 P.M. and then head to Three Broomsticks afterward. Most of the time, this results in a wait under 20 minutes.

October 22, 2016, 8:37 PM

Okay, that's good :)

October 24, 2016, 11:27 AM

Hpentcoaster - You have found a site with lots of passionate Theme Park fans who will be more than happy to share their thoughts and ideas. That said, are you aware of the "Parks Guide" section of the site?
It's a great place to seek out recommendations and reviews of some of the world's best theme parks.
Once you find the park you are interested in, you will find four categories that group the best (and least successful) attractions and restaurants you will find at that park.
After your visit, you can then give your ratings and reviews so others can learn from your experiences.
It's a great way to get answers to many questions you may have and then provide your own feedback.
Just know we are always here for specific thoughts and suggestions too.
Enjoy!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive