Last day at WDW

January 27, 2017, 10:14 AM

Going to HS this PM to see Star Wars fireworks show, check out HS one more time. I'd say crowds have been fairly moderate, not much waiting especially with fastpass. I'll try to post again after I return with my impressions of this trip.

Replies (8)

Edited: January 29, 2017, 3:03 PM

Spent the last wk at WDW, this has been a scaled back, more relaxed "acoustic" version of our usual trip. Last trip was in 2013, this time we stayed at a moderate resort, only made 3 dining reservations, 4-5 fastpasses, slept in & got to the parks a little later. I must say we enjoyed this trip more than we have in 20 yrs.
We approached this trip a little slower & more deliberate. I intentionally took my time to appreciate the sights, sounds, smells & overall ambience.
First, the positives.
-food was better than we've had in years
-it was crowded, but not unpleasant
-weather was great
-cast was friendly
-new rides were enjoyable
-fastpass & magicbands worked great

now the negatives
-electric scooters
-D@#n scooters!
-tattoos, blue/purple hair, piercings, (and that's just the parents)
-Disney Springs underwhelming

January 30, 2017, 11:09 AM

Glad you had a nice trip. I do agree to sleep in, eat breakfast and take your time going to the parks. Heck, you are on vacation so take it easy.

I am wondering how you feel about electric scooters?

Edited: January 30, 2017, 5:29 PM

Let me tell you how I really feel about those wretched "scooters", I don't want to risk sounding insensitive, OK I'll risk it. First of all I'm not referring to those people who really need some assistance. I'm talking about those folks whose only affliction is biscuit poisoning. You know who I'm talking about. These are the same people that come away from the food line not with salads & water. NOOOO they get double cheeseburgers, fries, regular soda, ice cream & the not so "Minnie" mouse size bucket o lard.
I'm irritated at those folks that say, "I've got a "glandular" problem. The only gland they have a problem with is the salivary gland.
Look I'm not referring to folks who have spina bifida, cerebral palsy or para-quadriplegics. I'll wait all day for them with a smile on my face, god knows they really need a magical day. I don't begrudge them one millisecond.

January 31, 2017, 7:38 AM

I totally agree... We had a gentleman here on TPI that use to write articles based his handicap. It did open my eyes as to how lucky I am to be healthy.

Many folks do not need these EV's and take advantage of them. You see them get off of the EV and walk onto something like Splash Mountain. Which is a long damn queue.

Anyway the gentleman that use to write here was extremely nice and brave. He has since passed and he is missed. He did not complain about his health problems but opened our minds to what is was like to actually have health problems and try to circumnavigate the parks in a wheel chair.

I am wondering what are the requirements on for those EV's. Do you just ask or is there some kind way to check if someone really needs that vehicle.

I bet if they ask for verification there will be all kinds of ACLU lawsuits...

January 31, 2017, 1:44 PM

I think the only requirement is that you can pay to rent it.

February 2, 2017, 6:05 AM

Where is this bucket of lard and when can I get it? Does it come in a souvenir bucket?

February 2, 2017, 6:31 AM

I also feel that while Disney Springs is fresh, but im not a huge fan of it. Did it need and upgrade? Yes. Did it need a shopping mall? No. It lost the Disney feel, and i get why they did it, (to attract people that arent staying, or going to the parks there) but i dont agree with it

February 2, 2017, 10:40 AM

You can get the bucket o lard only at the magic kingdom & animal kingdom (something to do with the warthogs there?!?!). It comes in Minnie size 16 oz. Mickey 20 oz. & Goofy 24 oz. For $10.99 extra you get the collectable bucket complete with handle, lid & a cool spoon shaped like a little shovel. Free refills (while supplies last)
As far as DS is concerned, it doesn't feel quite right to me. Now this is clearly just my opinion, but it seems as if they removed 90% of pleasure island & the marketplace, then put a shop, restaurant or kiosk in every available spot, nook & cranny.
They obviously spent a butt load of money in DS, & I too understand why it was needed. It seems to have lost something and I can't quite put my finger on it.
I went primarily to see Jock Lindsey's bar, which was nice, but the references to Indiana Jones were a little too subtle for me. I can see why locals might want to go to DS, but I'm not sure I'll go back in future trips.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive