What is on your Pandora wish list?

Edited: March 2, 2017, 1:28 PM

I'm thrilled about Pandora for one primary reason. I've always wanted to experience the Potter attractions as a real Muggle; somebody who has no understanding of that universe. Happily, I’m well versed in all things Potter, so I will never understand what it’s like to experience these places with no expectations.

I saw Avatar once...years and years ago. All I really remember about it was thinking it was "Dances with wolves” in outer space. I'm very excited to enter what is bound to be a massive and highly themed environment with very little preconceived notions about what I'm experiencing. That's exciting!

My one big wish is that the Imagineers learned a lesson from Islands of Adventure, but not from Harry Potter...from Jurassic Park.

What's one thing you see very little of on that huge island? Dinosaurs. There are some static photo ops, the figures on the River Adventure ride and now and the new Raptor encounter, other than that, there is the implication of dinosaurs.

I hope Pandora is chocked full of alien lifeforms, but not just visible on the rides. I want to encounter Pandorian (is that the right word?) life – animal and vegetable as freely as I encounter Earth’s life forms across the rest of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.

The thing I’m most unsure of is how they will profit on this beyond increased ticket sales? The potter-verse is full of things I want to have, eat and drink. How will Disney fulfill that desire on Pandora? Beyond Banshee plush what are those merchandise and F&B items that come from that planet that I will be lining up to hand over my cash for?

What is on your Pandora wish list?

Replies (20)

March 1, 2017, 5:46 PM

If there isn't a Pandora charm for Pandora, I am going to be super disappointed.

March 1, 2017, 11:30 PM

we all know about the Avatar movie. People saying "the story is overrated"

March 2, 2017, 11:55 AM

Pandora appears to be missing the Mother Tree that was prominently featured in the Avatar movie. I was hoping to see a large tree that you can enter and touch the branches and see the colors. The tree will be large enough to house restaurants, gift stores, and play areas. Of course, this will cause people to wonder if the Mother Tree was compromised for commerce and imperialism. Sure, maybe, but it'll be impressive.

One thing that shouldn't be on the list is the military base. I don't want to see Terminator style control station, vehicles, and weaponry. It will take you out of the environment. However, there should be an alternative exhibit where you can imprint yourself as a Navi. Experience yourself as an Navi while wearing VR goggles.

March 2, 2017, 12:33 PM

I hope that it stands on its own as an attraction, because I remember almost nothing from the movie and have no plans to rewatch it.

March 3, 2017, 3:22 PM

Just you wait ... Just you wait ....

March 6, 2017, 3:19 PM

TH Creative - I'll be there in October and Animal Kingdom is on top of my list. Counting the days.

March 6, 2017, 3:38 PM

I'm waiting... I'm waiting...

March 9, 2017, 8:55 AM

PTWOA will be the theme park industry's answer to 'Hamilton.'

March 9, 2017, 9:03 AM

I would love to see living navi that the guests could interact with, as well as animatronic banshees that could be similar to the buckbeak animatronic in flight of the hipogriff.

March 11, 2017, 10:12 PM

I'm just happy to see another themed dark boat ride again. It's been waaay too long.

Edited: March 12, 2017, 6:44 AM

The Navi weren't that impressed with corporate greed and I wonder how they would think about paying a hundred bucks, buying plush, merchandise, and food about them and their surroundings. Plus the fact that in true pandora the air is toxic for us to breath and everything is trying to kill you. I bet the imaginots are going to leave that out. How can something be immersive if you leave out some key factors like these?

Will this really help a zoo with a couple of decent rides? Disney needs a home run and this might be a bunt or I fear a strikeout. They have a movie studio that's barely a half day with 3 or 4 top rides and nothing else. A land of tomorrow that looks like it passed its prime a long time ago. A main theme park that has some great rides but good luck getting on them in a reasonable time because of crowds. Oh don't forget the two waterparks that are in need of updates. All of that's left is a zoo with some decent rides trying its hardest to be more of a half day park with Pandora that doesn't really care to be in a park.

Edited: March 12, 2017, 8:19 AM

Clearly PTWOA will be a home run. It will struggle with capacity issues but after a while its daily operation will evolve and become manageable -- and DAK will see a significant increase in attendance. In addition, the new evening entertainment programs and expanded retail and dining options demonstrates Disney's commitment to making major investments to improve its parks.

And yes, the Imagineers have created a storyline that explains why the atmosphere on Pandora is safe for human life.

March 13, 2017, 3:39 PM

Wow Apple Butter...Here buddy. Let me refill your obviously half-empty glass for you.

March 14, 2017, 1:12 AM

Yeah, when it comes to WDW, Sour Apple likes to troll and run.

Edited: March 14, 2017, 6:54 AM

I'm just stating it how it is..... WDW has fallen behind and needs to build and replace which they are doing with Toy Story and Star Wars. Right now though you think Disney Studios is a full day park? With 3 to 4 main rides and maybe 1 to 2 family rides you really think that's enough to warrant a full day much less the price of admission to an Orlando Theme Park? I just think right now Universal is beating Disney at its own game.

Even the Universal commercials around here are great, showing the pre teen kid tell everyone she's grown up, putting away the plastic princess crown, saying that she wants to go to Universal. Avatar land will open to huge crowds and end up with headaches and mediocre to bad reviews. With the wait time being atrocious because unless you have 200 banshee ride vehicles the capacity to ride is not going to be near 1000 per hour, the standard for any ride. Not the best IP either, compared to Harry Potter or Star Wars or even Toy Story or Cars. The whole premise of the One movie is native people fighting intruders (Us) from messing up their planet. How can Disney do that justice, I know they murchandise the heck out of it with overpriced food, plush, and toys. I heard they are going to have wand like devices that you can activate things, I wonder where they got that idea from? I would love to hear what the navi feel about Disney in the next movie if there is going to be a next movie. The family boat ride looks to be another low capacity ride with the wait times being stuff of nightmares for parents.

The visuals in the movie Avatar are fantastic but what I've seen of the Disney area it just seems like some some rocks stacked in weird positions. I'm sure the banshee ride will have great visuals because (dare I say) it uses a screen with a vehicle. To all of you haters out there that "Universal uses to many screens", this will be the most popular ride in the park. Now that's not much seeing how the park only has sub par rides in a coaster that's half broke (Disco Yeti), a mediocre water ride, and a mediocre to bad dark ride. Oh did I mention the mouse spinning coaster that you wouldn't even find in a six flags park? At least the park has a zoo in it with some live animals unlike Disney Studios.

Avatar will leave some people and parents confused and wondering why the navi brokered a deal with Disney to profit on their world and lives. The rest will be saying "why I'm I here paying my hard earned money to spend on a movie that wasn't that good except for the visuals, rides that the wait is too long, and some crazy rocks and plants."

Edited: March 14, 2017, 7:43 AM

With Avatar opening, I'm considering going to Orlando instead of Hawaii next year, but at the same time, I'm disappointed Star Wars Land won't be open yet. It would be nice for all 4 Disney World parks to be complete so I can have a full experience. I'm looking at going to Animal Kingdom for Pandora and Epcot for Frozen Ever After. Wish there's more to see. Of course there is, I'll go to Universal for the rest of the week. I'll enjoy Kong, Harry Potter, and Jimmy Fallon. For now, that's the plan.

March 18, 2017, 11:08 AM

I have two independent and informed sources that have 'Flight of Passage' hourly throughput north of 1500.

March 18, 2017, 8:20 PM

That's funny because it hasn't even opened yet to the public. We'll see when actual time and how many people they put through with many variables. This is not a clone of some other ride like you and many others have stated before. So I expect varied capacities for the first six months or longer for a new ride with new technology.

Edited: March 19, 2017, 1:10 PM

(Chuckle)

March 19, 2017, 9:37 PM

We're missing The Beatles, Tool, Bob Seger, and Garth Brooks.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive