How to use the new fastness system in Disneyland

Edited: July 5, 2017, 2:35 PM

I am going to Disneyland next week. I read here that Disney changed Disneyland Fastpass ride reservation as now the visitors will need to scan their park ticket to get into the Fastpass line admission.

My doubt is: Today I can take another fastpass at the time of the beginning of my previous fastpass. Will that remain the same in the new system or it will only be possible to get another fastness after I scan it at the entrance of the previous one?

If that is true we will need to ride the previous fastpass attraction before getting a new one.

Replies (2)

July 5, 2017, 10:28 PM

Disneyland's Fastpass operates the same way now as it did before: Go to the ride of your choice and scan your park ticket at a Fastpass machine to make a reservation. You will be given a reminder slip with your return window. When it is time to ride, return to the attraction you have reserved, scan your park ticket at the entrance to the queue, then head on in. Keep your park ticket handy as you will need to scan it a second time at the merge point.

Fastpass restrictions are the same as they were before as well: You may collect your next Fastpass after either the return window has begun on your current Fastpass or two hours have passed. It is not necessary to use your current Fastpass before collecting a new one. The only exception is that you cannot hold two Fastpasses for the same attraction at the same time, so in that case you will need to use your Fastpass before obtaining another for that attraction. Also, if you have not visited in a few months, note that both parks are now connected, so you may not get a Fastpass in one park, then immediately pick one up in the other park.

July 6, 2017, 3:35 PM

Thanks AJ!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive