Disneyland at New Years

November 14, 2017, 11:34 AM

I am planning on going to Disneyland for New Years Eve with my family. I know it's going to be really crowded so our current plan is to get there an hour before they open. Any other tips we should know? Is there anything we have to see while there? Thank you.

Replies (9)

November 16, 2017, 12:38 PM

Is this your first visit to Disneyland?

November 17, 2017, 12:47 PM

It would be my first visit at New Years. But, I've been to Disneyland many times.

November 18, 2017, 5:54 PM

I can't think of any tips other then the obvious. I guess; check the show schedules and if there is one you have to see get their very early. And good luck. That's going to be a long day...

November 18, 2017, 7:41 PM

Good idea to check if they have any reserved seating and dining packages for the countdown. Get Fantasmic dining. It’s worth it.

November 19, 2017, 8:03 AM

Thanks for the help.

November 19, 2017, 7:00 PM

Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining packages are sold out, but River Belle Terrace is still available. I recommend you get it. You can always cancel if you change your mind.

Edited: November 19, 2017, 10:09 PM

Thanks. Do you get to choose which Fantasmic you want to see?

Edited: November 19, 2017, 10:03 PM

I don’t know, but you can ask the wait staff who hands out the Fantasmic Fastpass if they have a near midnight show. They ask which show you want to see. Check the entertainment schedule. The table service restaurant gives you breathing room from the crowds. The food is pretty good too. Usually, the fireworks immediately follow the Fantasmic early show. I don’t know if they will delay the fireworks for New Years Eve. The Fantasmic mist screens work during the fireworks. You get an entirely different show than if you’re at the castle. When the crowds dissipate after the Fantasmic show, stay around and move forward towards the river. You’ll get a better show when you’re closer.

November 20, 2017, 7:47 AM

Thanks for the advice. It's something we are considering.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive