Have People Gone Crazy?

July 9, 2014, 7:59 PM

Is it me or has people gone crazy for waiting ridicuoiuls hours to experience an attraction. Gringotts, Anna & Elsa, and Goliath (at SFGA) come to mind. I never remember people waiting this long for an attraction that only lasts a few minutes. Don't get me wrong, I am happy these attractions are around and I hope to experience them, but is the over four hour wait worth it?

Replies (7)

July 9, 2014, 8:35 PM

The answer is "no". Life is too short to wait in four hour lines.

July 9, 2014, 8:43 PM

"If the line's this long, it's gotta be good." - Bart Simpson

I'll never understand the public when it comes to parks. Maybe it's just for the sake of bragging rights, but I personally find that a long wait is somewhat more enjoyable if you're riding or seeing something you haven't before, building a lot of anticipation. In that regard, it makes the first time you experience an attraction all the more memorable. I have flat feet, so I can't physically stand still for long periods of time. Part of the reason I love Forbidden Journey's queue so much is that in the longest of waits, you usually move every few seconds. I might be willing to give Gringotts a chance if the line is over an hour, but the capacity has to be better than what it is now.

July 9, 2014, 9:46 PM

I never understood the waiting in line to meet a character. But then I don't understand wanting to meet celebrities in general so maybe it's just me.

July 10, 2014, 7:44 AM

I once stood in line 2+hours for CP Mean Streak (mistake on the lake) when the coaster was new & I was really into coasters. But that's the distant past. That's why I fully manage Fast Pass (Disney) and Express Pass (Universal) now, and I can't remember the last time I was in a line more than an hour long. Life and vacations are too short to stand in long ponderous lines, except for Forbidden Journey that has an amazing queue where I actually want the line to go slow.

July 10, 2014, 10:29 AM

The longest I waited was for The New England Skyscreamer. 90 mins. It was just an over hyped chair swing. Nothing to it. BTW how long are the lines for Goliath at SGA?

July 10, 2014, 10:40 AM

A friend told me that Goliath had a 150 wait time around noon on Monday and a 180 wait time around 9:00, one hour before park closing. She said it's so bad that the railway is closed just so they can use the nearby station as a queue.

Edited: July 22, 2014, 8:03 AM

I was at SFGA on July 17, and we ran to Goliath to be one of the first in line. We didn't ride it again until early evening because the average wait from morning to late afternoon was 2 hours. By early evening, we wanted to ride it again and waited 80 minutes. That's one of the longest waits I've ever endured. I rarely go on rides that have waits longer than 45 minutes. (My friend, who lives near the park, said the line was more than 3 hours the week before.) By the way, as we stood in line, I said to my friend, "Look at all of us. Why are we willing to stand in line for hours to get one minute of thrills?"

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive