What do you mean Jaws and Back to the future could be back in supporting role?

December 29, 2018, 7:06 PM

I am not quite sure what you mean this question is really to Robert Niles the author of this site. I don’t know how Back to the future could come back in a supporting role maybe building a ready player one ride with a deloreon style themed coaster? Jaws supporting role would be a Mossasaur from Jurassic World in a fourth gate at Universal Orlando?

Replies (4)

December 29, 2018, 7:28 PM

If Universal wanted to bring these franchises back into its parks - absent a film reboot - I don't see how they could successfully promote them beyond the core fan community. If these franchises were still that popular, Universal wouldn't have dumped their rides.

Still, some within the core fan community continue to advocate for their return. My comment was to shoot that idea down a notch - to say that the only way these franchises could come back was in a supporting role, given their current level of popularity. Examples would be as a restaurant, an expanded meet and greet, or an element in a multi-franchise attraction or show.

December 29, 2018, 8:28 PM

"Universal's Great Movie Ride"

A guy can dream, can't he?

December 29, 2018, 9:59 PM

Yes.....I would love to see them come back with all of these movies in Hollywood being rebooted. But Zemeckis keeps saying no way to back to the future 4 even though in that recent poll 71% of Americans want another movie. And as for Jaws it still seems like I must say shark movies are still popular. 47 meters down is getting a sequel next year and a sequel to Warner Bros the Meg is coming in 2 years I believe. With a possible Meg attraction being rumored for China. If all of that can happen with the popularity of shark films you think Jaws May have something left in the tank. A shark attraction themed to the Meg? I think Spielberg might have something to say about that.

Edited: December 30, 2018, 8:08 PM

From your keyboard to Mark Woodbury's to-do list, James!

Granted, you could call USH's Studio Tour that, but a dark ride version along the lines of DHS' old TGMR - but with Universal properties - would be perfect for the other Universal Studios parks around the world.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive