Seaworld news .....

January 28, 2019, 11:25 AM

SeaWorld announced Kayla passed away today. The Orca became ill on Saturday and died Monday morning. It'll be interesting to see how SWE handles this, as I'm sure PETA will once again be out in force.

They will have the support of the vast majority of people, but I still wonder if they should now bring in the educational show (a la San Diego) instead of keeping One Ocean going ?

Replies (1)

January 28, 2019, 12:14 PM

From the orcas' perspective, I doubt that there is any difference between Orca Encounter and One Ocean. It's a series of interactions with their trainers. All that's difference is the context within which those are presented to the audience.

The only real difference with previous shows is that the trainers are no longer in the water with them.

Orcas are living creatures. And living creatures, eventually, die. Animals at SeaWorld live as long, and often longer, than their counterparts in the wild. The only way to change that is to release them - as releasing animals born and raised in captivity into the wild is a death sentence.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive