Shanghai DL and Hong Kong DL Trip is a GO

February 7, 2019, 1:58 PM

After months of talking about it, I've finally booked my flight to China! The main goal of the trip is to visit a close friend who lives outside Shanghai, but I'll also spend 2 days/3 nights solo at Shanghai Disneyland, and 1 day/2 nights solo at Hong Kong Disneyland.

I have a few specific questions for folks who have visited:

1. What's the best way to buy tickets and book hotels? Shanghai DL's website is horrific, but their app seems to be more reliable.

2. Which HKDL hotel do you prefer? What are the pros/cons?

3. What is the recommended travel time betwen the resorts and their respective airports?

4. What's the #1 MUST SEE non-ride in each park?

Thanks for all your help, my friends!

Replies (3)

February 8, 2019, 7:52 AM

1. Stay at the Toy Story Hotel. I stayed for about $127 per night. Buy your tickets at the hotel at check In. They will give you a fast pass for each day. The App is great. You book your FP on it.

Make sure you use the Resort entrance it's located next to Wolf Gang Puck. And arrive an hour before the posted opening time because they usually open early.

Don't eat in the park the food is a better value at places like Wolf Gang Puck and Cheese cake factory and you won't have lines to eat at them like the park restaurants do.

3. Shanghai airport is 30 to 40 minutes from Disney.

4. Pirates and Tron at Shanghai

HKDL is awesome on weekdays, Everything is usually a walk on.

February 8, 2019, 1:25 PM

Thanks, Paul! Any tips on getting from the HK airport to Disney? I'll be staying on-property. All the "tips and tricks" videos on YouTube mention the Disney train, but never mention where you get on, haha. Thanks!

February 8, 2019, 4:18 PM

We stayed at a hotel attached to the airport, and they had a shuttle to Disney. The Disney train is a spur off the main train line. You should be able to take the train from airport to Disney; however they have an airport service charge. Still would be cheaper than a taxi.

Another nice thing about HK Disney is everything is in English.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive