Cedar Point Fast Lane worth it?

April 13, 2019, 12:19 PM

Hi,
We will be visiting Cedar Point this June 2019. We are planning to be there June 13 and 14 (Thursday and Friday). I have 3 kids that are above 52 in. We are planning to buy Fast Lane vs. Fast Lane plus on one of the days. Is it worth buying it on Thursday or Friday? If it is , should we do FL or FL plus? Thanks for any insights...

Replies (6)

April 13, 2019, 4:45 PM

Personally, if you have two days I would probably see how much you get done on the first day and then decide whether or not to invest in it for the second. If you can get a majority of the major attractions done on day one and don't care about a ton of re-rides, you probably don't need it. If you miss several headliners on the first day, want a lot of re-rides, or have weather issues, however, it's worth investing in. Definitely don't buy it on a day where a lot of rain is forecast (Cedar Point tends to close most attractions in wet weather) or if you arrive at the park and find crowds to be very light.

If you do invest in Fast Lane, it is absolutely worth spending a little more to get Fast Lane Plus. In my experience, the only rides on Fast Lane that are almost always lengthy lines are Millennium Force and Raptor. Fast Lane Plus is required in order to use the pass on GateKeeper, Maverick, Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster, or Valravn, and in my experience those (excluding GateKeeper) are usually the longest lines in the park.

April 14, 2019, 1:04 PM

Thank you!

Edited: April 15, 2019, 8:36 AM

Also note that Raptor and Rougaroo have 54" height requirements. You mentioned your kids were above 52", but didn't note whether they were over 54" - just something to consider.

April 15, 2019, 10:32 AM

Thanks!

April 25, 2019, 2:36 PM

Oh man, 100%! The way I see it, all FastLane-type programs act as "Fun Insurance." Worst-case scenario, the park is wide open and you get on everything multiple times. Best case scenario, the park is packed and you get on everything once, and some multiple times. I've been to Cedar Point twice in the last 6 years, purchased it both times, and experienced both of the above scenarios. We had a blast both times, and went home exhausted and satisfied. Go for it!

April 25, 2019, 4:31 PM

Generally speaking, I think AJ's advice is on the money. Although I know some parks do things like fastpass cheaper if you buy in advance, if you find out later that it's not needed with the crowd level, its wasted money.

So unless you're 100% certain you'll need one, I'd say don't buy it in advance.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive