Rise of the Resistance opening?

Edited: June 2, 2019, 12:59 PM

We are visiting Disneyland 15th to 17th November, I know there is no opening date confirmed for the Galaxy's Edge: Rise of the Resistance ride, but am wondering if anyone might be able to give a good/informed guess when it might be open? - is it likely to be open by mid November? But I seem to recall reading somewhere that it might not actually open until 2020

Replies (6)

June 1, 2019, 1:20 PM

It's nothing but a guess, but I feel like DIsney might have pushed the opening date of the ride so they can open the ride simultaneously in both parks, specially due to the coaster being story heavy.
That said, I feel like they might aim for somewhere in October. I feel like it would definitely have to be open before December (that is, unless Disney decides to delay it again, but let's just hope it doesn't come to that).

June 1, 2019, 7:55 PM

Obviously nobody knows for sure, but I'd say it's very likely Rise of the Resistance will be open by mid-November. Most insiders are saying early/mid Fall for Disneyland's version and late Fall/early Winter for the one at DHS. I'm also guessing Disney will do everything they can to make sure the ride is open for the holiday season.

June 2, 2019, 5:48 AM

ok, thanks for your thoughts. really looking forward to it :-)

Edited: June 25, 2019, 1:16 PM

Could be being too hopeful, but in a recent Disney world Star Wars galaxys edge advert there was no mention of rise of resistance opening later in the year unlike in the original Disneyland advert. The only terms were that the land was subject to capacity. This is the advert if any one is interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NqNPksc0OQQ

The description also says “A place where you can fly the galaxy’s most legendary ship, the Millennium Falcon. A place where you’ll find yourself caught in a battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”

Edited: June 25, 2019, 1:40 PM

There have been some indications from "insiders" that they are close, but who knows at this point. I think they're smart not putting a date on RotR, and keeping it shrouded in secrecy is definitely the way to go. However, once they start load-testing the ride with CMs and selected guests, it will spread quickly across the internet, at which time Disney will have to announce an official opening (most likely within 3-4 weeks after the initial load testing). Rumors are that this ride uses "multiple ride systems", which is likely why it is taking so long for them to get it ready - in addition to the obvious financial advantages of having what amounts to a second grand opening (or 3rd if you count yesterday's ending of the "reservation period"/soft opening)..

We're visiting Disneyland during the first week of August and have resigned ourselves to the fact that RotR won't be open. In fact, I'm secretly hoping that it's not ready, because we were gifted some WDW tickets that have to be used by next June, so we'll be taking another Disney trip next February, where a visit to DHS's version of Galaxy's Edge will be like a new experience because RotR will almost certainly be running by then.

July 13, 2019, 4:11 PM

In retrospect, I was being to hopeful. Hopefully it won’t be too busy at Disney world in september.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive