Rules for Shameless Self Promotion

Edited: August 20, 2019, 1:56 PM

Hey Friends!I bet a ton of TPI readers run blogs, record podcasts, and have great YouTube channels, and I'd love to check them out! I'd also love to have folks check out my own little corner of the internet and tell me what they think.

So, what are the forum rules for shameless self promotion? And, how do we help, support, and encourage each other?

I'd love to hear your thoughts (and the actual rules of engagement)!

Replies (6)

Edited: August 20, 2019, 11:07 PM

The core rule here is to provide value to other readers, out of respect for and consideration of their time spent here.

If what you have to share with the community is relevant and can't be fully expressed here - in other words, if you need more time, space, or another medium to make your point - link elsewhere to direct readers who want that extra information and insight. But do at least provide a summary here so that readers can understand the gist of what you have to say without having to click away.

But this isn't a free launching pad for your side hustle. To quote an older meme (that still check out), ain't no one got time for that. The more you contribute to this community as a writer and commentator, the more accepting I am as its editor to refer readers to your other work, as an expression of thanks for your contributions to this community. All registered readers are invited to create links to their social media accounts on their profile pages, however.

But if you just crash into here as a newbie trying to hustle your own stuff without first contributing anything informative and insightful, though... watch as we delete your posts.

That said, let's consider this thread a special invitation to post relevant links to your relevant content elsewhere online. Still, no commercial spam, please.

August 21, 2019, 9:13 AM

I've got two feature films, enough comics to fill a library, manufacturing plants full of indentured servants in the orient kicking out enough merchandise to destroy the entire planet, and now I'm owned by an enormous rodent. Oh and since Sony and my mouse overlords don't appear to be getting along, both of my dream projects with BFF's are dead in the water. If I were not a nice person, I would seriously consider giving Mr Holland and Mr Jackman a non-negotiable several month-long vacation to shoot my movie and release it on the Interwebs.

August 21, 2019, 9:21 AM

Fantastic! I appreciate the insight, Robert! I certainly don't want to be "that guy." I'd just love to see what everyone's got going on. This "Deadpool" friend - who knew he had movies?! ;-)

Edited: August 21, 2019, 10:30 AM

Well hey, if anyone's interested, I'm reviewing my trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneylands earlier this year over at Missing Mickey. I'd love to hear what hardcore theme park fans think about it and field any and all feedback this awesome community has!

Edited: August 21, 2019, 12:35 PM

Not sure if "a ton of TPI readers" run blogs, but it's always interesting to see other peoples views of parks, rides etc. TPI is a great source of what's going on, and it's all very educational in the respect to coaster design, theme park and/or ride reviews, and other aspects of the world we thrive in.

I liked your blog, and it's my goal when I retire, (hopefully in 2020 !!) to run a similar sort of page. I don't have a Facebook account, so I thought my own blog about my adventures at the parks would be a good way to let my friends, family and others who might be interested, know what this old guy is up to each week .... :)

As my grandson gets older, and he's able to come with me, I'll have a lot more to write about as well. Just got to get him riding coasters when the time comes. His Dad likes them, so I think we'll have another enthusiast in the family.

But for now, TPI works for me, and as always many thanks to Robert for running such a great blog .. :)

August 21, 2019, 11:52 AM

Thanks, Mako! I completely agree - TPI is amazing, and I love being part of this community. Keep writing those thoughts here, and I'll keep gobbling them up!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive