Tokyo Disneyland: Is It Worth It?

October 13, 2019, 12:33 AM

I am going on a dream trip to Japan for a week. The original purpose of this trip was Tokyo DisneySea, but now I am wondering if it would be worth it to visit Disneyland. I have been to the American parks numerous times, and only have a week to explore the entire country, but was wondering if it would be worth it to spend a second day at this park (as enticing as Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is, I’m not sure that outweighs the time constraints). Please comment your suggestions!

Replies (3)

October 13, 2019, 1:11 AM

With only a week there, I would say no. It's a beautiful park - perhaps the best example of a castle park there is - but as you guess, it is ultimately too similar to parks you'll already have experienced to make it worth the sacrifice. Japan is an incredible country that I'm sure you'll fall in love with - give yourself that extra day to explore a little more of what it has to offer.

October 16, 2019, 5:25 PM

We planned our first day in Japan to be a day at DisneySea. The reason was, we knew we'd be exhausted from the journey, so why not put ourselves in an environent we knew we could manage - a Disney Theme park. The strategy was wise. The physical nature of the park got us quickly adjusted to the time change and there was nothing so unique on the first day of our visit to Japan that we felt flustered. What we also realized was how great the experience was. We only bought one-day-park tickets before leaving the states. Our trip started in Tokyo and then we headed out to see other parts of the cournty wiht a return to Tokyo for two nights before heading home. After many days of seeing temples and visiting historic sites, we decided to end our trip with another visit to Tokyo Disneyland. Again, we were tired from the trip and decided to do something we knew we'd be able to do easily and I honeslty was so curious about Pooh's Honey Hunt, it wasn't a hard decision to make. I'm glad we decided to dedicate our next to last day to the park. If our trip had been much shorter, I don't think we would have done so, but in the end, it was a good decision and we fell in love wiht the TDL Resort. Good luck and travel safe.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive