Kids Wristband Trackers??

October 15, 2019, 6:16 AM

I think amusement parks should offer daily rental for wristbands that track your kids location. Anyone else?

Replies (4)

October 15, 2019, 8:20 AM

Why? There are some 3rd party providers that provide this type of service, but it's often very expensive. Some larger theme parks will provide low-tech wristbands or tags that have a parent's phone number written on it in the event a child is lost. For some parents that have autistic or other special needs childern will print tags on the inside collar of their shirts or have some other note on the child that an adult would be able to contact the parent.

Active tracking is bit of "Big Brother", and if you're that type of parent, you can always give your kids a cell phone and enable tracking on it. Parks offering this as an upcharge service would probably not go over very well with privacy advocates or even parents groups that lobby against active tracking of kids.

October 15, 2019, 10:56 AM

C'mon, Russell, active tracking is no big deal.

Certain demographic groups in rural parts of the country with poor bodily hygiene, double digit IQ scores, and a greenish tinge on their few remaining teeth have tracking devices implanted by extraterrestrials on a regular basis. It doesn't seem to adversely affect their quality of life.

"I was drinking some home brew and driving my pickup truck down the road to the old flooded quarry so I could do some skinnydipping, and this bright light from above surrounded me, and my truck's ignition just died. The next thing I knew..." ;o)

Edited: October 15, 2019, 2:14 PM

I think amusement parks should ban parents who don't know how to parent their child.

Anyone else?

October 15, 2019, 10:38 PM

I've seen a system like this in use at a couple water parks, but never in a regular amusement park. In the age of smartphones, I'm guessing it would be largely unnecessary as parents can just track their kid's phone if they want to know where they are. It certainly makes sense for parents to keep tabs on their kids, particularly parties with those in the 5th-9th grade age group where they're fine on their own for part of the day but likely wouldn't visit for a full day solo. If the kid gets lost or doesn't respond, you can easily find out where they are and intercept them.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive