Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Theme Park Insider
Facebook Twitter YouTube Email Newsletter

Universal Orlando Future Attraction/Expansions

Submitted by Andrew Dougherty
Published: August 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM

According to this article from Orlando Park News:fromhttp://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/08/universal-orlando-rumors-twister-and.html

We maybe seeing the removal of Twister very soon and then following that the complete renovation of Kidzone. Hopefully bye COMPLETE this wont happen to include E.T.

Please take a moment to share this post, and encourage others to reply!

From Court E on August 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM

The second half of ET needs to be updated. The "acid trip" scenes you pass by just distract from such a solid first half of the ride.

If I could offer a suggestion; instead of the acid trip alien planet scenes you pass by currently, I'd recommend the bikes drop back into the forest as government officials fire multiple rounds of bullets from their walkie talkies. The chase scene would conclude with E.T. returning to his spaceship and he was only able to call home thanks to Comcast Tv, Phone, and Internet service. Synergy right there.

From James Trexen on August 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

+1 Court

I mentioned on the other thread that the missing part where E.T. calls your name can't bode well for it's future.

From Aaron McMahon on August 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I've heard that Animal Actors and ET stays, everything behind is gone. Only thing about Twister I've heard is a show feature Jimmy Fallon and/or SNL.

My prediction is that Shrek will be flattened. The contract is expiring and the parks do not make 3D films that aren't part of a simulator anymore. Turn that plot into Super Silly Fun Land with the Woody Woodpecker coaster and you have a Despicable Me land for families. Kidzone can turn into Fast and the Furious ride, I'm thinking Test Track with 3D screens.

I think Twister is stuck there since major construction would shut down Rockit.

From Anthony Murphy on August 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM

ET is not going anywhere. I believe Spielberg is still pissed about its departure from USH
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

How to save money on a Disney World trip

Saving money at Disney World

Insider's Pick: You can afford that Walt Disney World family vacation of your dreams. Get started with 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World, a great guide to planning an affordable trip to the Vacation Capital of the World. Why wait? The sooner you start saving, the sooner you and your family will be enjoying your vacation!

Get it! In paperback | For Kindle | For iBooks