What Would You Want From a Third Tokyo Disney Park?

August 28, 2020, 6:34 PM

The Godfather. Star Wars. Toy Story. These are proof that many great things come in trilogies. If there was to be a third meticulously designed, absolutely gorgeous Tokyo Disney park, what would you want its theme to be? Tokyo Disney's Hollywood Studios? Or perhaps Tokyo Disney's California Adventure? Maybe... an original theme. Gasp!

What would YOU want from a third Tokyo Disney park?

Replies (8)

August 29, 2020, 12:38 PM

I would love to see a third park centered around the country of Japan. The iconic architectural structure of the park would be Mount Fuji. Other structures would be the Tokyo Tower, Osaka Castle, and temples dedicated to Japan.

I would like to see a third park in Disneyland one day. However, I know California doesn’t have the room for it. I know they are limited in space. What would you like to see from a third Disneyland park?

August 29, 2020, 5:12 PM

Your Japan park sounds great to me! I just hope it wouldn’t fall into the California Adventure v1 problem of making a park about where it’s located...

Personally, I think a third Disneyland mini-park based on music would be really interesting, since music is such a prominent element of the corporation and Rock N’ Roller Coaster is the only major music representation in their parks worldwide.

However, that would be pretty niche, so I’d vote for a technologically themed park that revives Epcot’s original vision but adapted to the 21st century. Maybe more of a Blade Runner-esque sci-fi vibe?

August 29, 2020, 5:24 PM

@Welcome2RadiatorSprings thank you! I think it would be a great park! I agree! It would be quite an interesting park to visit.

I really like your idea of a Disneyland mini-park based on music. That would be really cool! I also really like your park that takes on Epcot’s original version. I always said this...I enjoy Disneyland more than Disney World. But...the one thing I always wished Disneyland had was an Epcot. It’s my favorite park at Disney World. I do wish Disneyland had a park similar to Epcot’s.

August 30, 2020, 6:50 PM

I’ve always thought Adventureland could be fleshed out into its own park with different areas themed to Agrabah, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Tropics, Africa, etc.

August 30, 2020, 8:34 PM

@jcreed13 You mean Animal Kingdom but with more IP? 😂 Love the idea though! Maybe there could even be a narrative connection between the parks. And maybe, to many including my own’s delight, it could be controlled by SEA ;)

August 30, 2020, 9:53 PM

@jcreed13, and @Welcome2RadiatorSprings, I love that idea too! An Adventureland that is similar to Animal Kingdom. I’ve always thought Aladdin should have its own themed land...with a recreation of Agrabah. They could have an Aladdin dark ride, in which you ride on a magic carpet, but feel like you are actually flying.

An African themed land with a dark ride dedicated to the Lion King. Pirates of the Caribbean land, with the pirates attraction, Battle of the Sunken Treasure, from Shanghai.

August 31, 2020, 1:28 AM

Tokyo DisneyAir? Tokyo DisneyFire?

August 31, 2020, 2:08 AM

@JamesTrexen If you're serious, then yes. If you're joking... ha ha ha... ha... can we pretend your suggestion was real?

Tokyo DisneyAir: planes you can fly, clouds you can jump on and eat, SkyDiving simulator a'la iFly but themed

Tokyo DisneyFire: lava pit, volcano (but not the same as Mysterious Island's), torch-lit roller coaster, barbecue restaurant

Lesdothisthang!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive