Knott's Scary Farm Fright & Fast Lane 2021

August 16, 2021, 12:57 PM

I am planning a trip to Knott's Scary Farm for the first time in late September (on a Thursday). I am weighing whether or not it is worth the $99 Knott's is charging for the 'Fright & Fast Lane' pass. I imagine it is well worth it for the weekends, especially later in October. But is it worth it during the week? I have a few people in my party so the cost creeps up rather quickly.

Anyone out there who has gone to Knott's for it's Scary Farm and how crowded it gets? And how will COVID-19 play into that? Just curious to read what other's think based upon their own experience.

Thank you!

Replies (8)

Edited: August 17, 2021, 12:12 PM

Scary Farm can get really crowded... like super crowded. It sucks too because the wait times on the app aren't correct so a lot of the time you're just walking all over the place to try to find the shortest wait. Now that's typically on the weekends, esp in October.

It all depends on the day but honestly, I'm not sure how crowded it will be this year with Covid getting worse. I heard that they capped the amount of Scary Farm pass they were selling due to wanting there to be availability and capacity for the regular ticket guest but they didn't say how many they sold.

I'd say if you're going during the weekend then I'd look more towards getting the fast lane. Its very much worth the money if you have some extra to spend. You can only do the maxes once but all the rides as much as you want. Here is the least to most crowded days to pick- Thursday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday.

August 17, 2021, 5:06 PM

Thanks Postcott! We're going Thursday night, but I am leaning to buying it. Everything just adds up, because we're also doing Disneyland a couple days earlier, and add in hotels, food, etc., and you've dropped a fortune. Also, we're going to Knott's earlier that day too, so we can hit the rides hard then without the pass.

Thanks again, I appreciate the response!

Michael

Edited: August 17, 2021, 5:58 PM

Covid may make things different this year and it's difficult to predict how crowd patterns may change, but in general I'd say you don't need one most Thursday nights. In my experience, Thursdays usually see maze waits on the order of 30-45 minutes, so you should be able to get through each of them and see a majority of the shows in one night. However, if you're planning to do rides during Scary Farm (not recommended IMO, as lines are far longer than during the day) or it is critical that you don't miss anything, it might be worth having. In my opinion, a wiser investment for a Thursday is the Boo-fet, which gets you early access to several of the mazes and includes dinner for $45.

August 17, 2021, 7:35 PM

Cool AJ....much appreciated! As we are also going to the park earlier in the day, when it should be rather quiet. And will return later for the Scary Farm (we booked a room at the KBF Hotel). Thanks!

August 18, 2021, 9:17 AM

Echoing AJ’s point about the rides. If you’re doing rides + mazes - get Fast/Fright Lane regardless of the day. If you’re just doing the mazes and going on a Thursday earlier in the season, you should be fine without if you don’t mind some waits. I always buy Fright/Fast Lane regardless of the day because I want to go on everything - twice+ - so it makes it worth it for me.

October 4, 2021, 9:04 PM

Wondering if I purchase my Scary Farm tickets (either thru Knotts or thru a discount), can I upgrade to Fright (fast) lane after? Like when I get to the park or the morning of?

Thanks!

October 5, 2021, 12:19 PM

@cmolina72-

You’ll be able to upgrade your ticket online before the event starts and at the park once the event starts. I’m not sure if you can upgrade it at the park before scary farm starts at 7 but that might also be an option. You can always just call.

Not exactly sure though if you’ll be able to upgrade a ticket that’s been purchased through a third party website but I’ve never tried it so idk

October 5, 2021, 3:57 PM

Fright Lane is a separate product from your admission ticket and can be bought separately on the website or at the park during Scary Farm. You will not be able to buy it during daytime operation and will need to wait until Scary Farm starts, but should be able to buy it at the ticket booths outside to save time. Do note that in the event it sells out in advance none will be available for day-of purchases, but in the past that has been pretty rare.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive