B&M’s Future With Six Flags

September 2, 2021, 1:54 PM

With the recent announcement that Six Flags Fiesta Texas is getting a B&M Dive coaster next year, That has me asking “What will B&M and Six Flags do next and beyond?”

Replies (6)

September 4, 2021, 7:55 PM

Even though the overall coaster isn’t that exciting, the mere announcement that it’s B&M is exciting. I hope the new president of Six Flags takes the company into more of a Cedar Fair strategy, with a few big hit coasters every year in the company than something mediocre for every park. Cliffhanger doesn’t seem all great but to the GP it’ll be amazing. I really hope that this is the start of a new direction for the company.

September 5, 2021, 4:28 AM

Which types of B&Ms would be fit for each park though?

Edited: September 5, 2021, 4:07 PM

Postcott, I'm curious why you think Cliffhanger will be a disappointment. While it's not likely to be a top tier coaster, I still think it looks to be one of the better rides at SFFT and is probably the best non-RMC ride the chain has installed in a decade.

As for B&M and Six Flags going forward, here's what I could see Six Flags doing at each park over the coming years...

FC, GE, LR, SFA, SFDL, SFFT, SFM, SFNE: These parks seem unlikely to get a new B&M (not including Cliffhanger, of course)
SFDK, SFGAm, SFOG: These would be good candidates for a Cliffhanger clone
SFGAdv, SFOT: I could see these parks going with wing coasters similar to X-Flight
SFMM: If any park gets a giant B&M, it would probably be this one. I could see the world's largest dive coaster being installed here as a Viper replacement.
SFStL: This one is a wildcard, as I could see them getting a dive coaster, wing coaster, or even a hyper.

So theoretically, I could see seven new B&Ms in the next five years or so across the chain. Because of their cost, I don't see them replacing RMCs as the most prominent new coasters at the chain, but I do think we might see certain parks installing them to add something more unique to their lineup.

September 6, 2021, 12:06 PM

Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, and Great America would probably be the parks in the chain that get the huge B&Ms.

September 10, 2021, 2:24 PM

@AJ-

Oh I don't think it'll be a disappointment but I'm just personally not excited for it. It just seems like your standard B&M dive but just smaller. I like the idea of it being the steepest but I feel like with it being just 150 feet you won't get as much of the effect or ejector if it was 200 or higher. I'm just predicting and I may be totally wrong and it could be awesome but I'm just being skeptical.

Also, I'd argue that Full Throttle is the best non-RMC coaster and that it's better than Cliffhanger, but to restate what I said, I could be totally wrong and we'll just have to wait and see.

And my goodness, can SF add an Axis into their lineup. I'm shocked that no park has announced one yet, it looks so unique and a type of experience you can't really get anywhere. You'd think SF would take advantage of their good relationship with S&S.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive