What’s Your Genie Plus Strategy at Walt Disney World?

Edited: June 9, 2023, 3:39 PM

So I haven’t been to Walt Disney World since the last week of October 2021, which was pretty much right after the launch of Genie Plus. As usual, I do plan on taking a fall trip to Orlando for HHN, and I might throw in a little Disney this time around. I’m not necessarily looking for advice, but I was just curious about how everyone at TPI is implementing Genie Plus for their visits these days. Does everyone have a specific strategy? Is anyone even using it at all? Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Replies (2)

June 12, 2023, 1:03 PM

This really depends upon whether you also are paying for Individual Lightning Lanes. Personally, I see more value in the ILL than in DG+, since that allows you to minimize the really bad waits in the parks... but I've been on everything covered by DG+ more times than I can count anyway. Things are different for first-time or infrequent visitors, of course.

That said, if you get DG+, activate it as soon as you can in the AM and make your first booking right away, but don't forget to use stand-by queues for popular attractions first thing in the morning, too.

Peter Pan's Flight at the MK, Frozen Ever After at EPCOT, Slinky Dog Dash at DHS, and Na'vi River Journey at DAK are good ones to use your first DG+ booking on, while you go for standby queues at other popular rides, such as the ILL attractions, if they are not using virtual queues.

Also, I want to point out that while DG+ can be very useful at WDW, I find it less useful at DLR, where it's easier to use standby queues all day and still hit up everything you want to see.

June 14, 2023, 8:42 AM

Yes, my family has a plan. We typically get G+ for Magic Kingdom and DHS. We sometimes get it for AK (if the crowds are bad) and never for Epcot.

We get up at 7am and pick a ride we really want. Robert's list is probably the best.

As for individual LL, we typically only do it for Rise and maybe Flight of Passage.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive