Disney October trip help

June 11, 2023, 5:56 PM

Hi, my wife and I are going to Disney this October. She will be 6 months pregnant at the time. Can you please help recommend which park to visit out of the 4? We are both 31. Thanks.

Replies (9)

June 11, 2023, 8:05 PM

Tricky. My sister-in-law was about the same when we visited in late 2001, general Magic Kingdom is best for pregnant folks as long as you avoid thrills rides, a lot more slower dark rides and stuff to enjoy. Animal Kingdom can also be good just for all the animal stuff. Epcot can depend on how much you like walking/touring the pavilions.

June 12, 2023, 12:46 PM

Second trimester + EPCOT Food & Wine Festival (minus the wine) could be, uh, interesting.

June 12, 2023, 2:04 PM

Can't go wrong with Animal Kingdom. The animal trails are just so beautiful and the Lion King show was terrific. I'm sure the Avatar boat ride would be ok to go on and the safari I'm sure is ok too.

Edited: June 12, 2023, 2:51 PM

@francis24 - Disney very specifically says "Expectant mothers should not ride" on their signs, in their spiels, and on the attraction page on the WDW website for Safaris.

June 12, 2023, 4:04 PM

Has to be EPCOT for me factoring in your circumstances. World Showcase alone should be the biggest draw.

June 13, 2023, 11:26 AM

Yeah, I also recommend EPCOT. My sister-in-law was fourish months pregnant when we were in Orlando in March and really didn't get to do much in the way of rides. She did go on the Safari and the two Avatar rides at Animal Kingdom along with Ratatouille/Frozen in EPCOT. But adding another two months ... I don't know.

I'd also recommend (and you're probably already doing this) having your wife talk to her doctor to get a better sense of what's chill and what isn't. If it's mostly going to be walking around and eating, you can't beat EPCOT.

June 13, 2023, 12:02 PM

Well since you can't do the safari apparently I would then recommend Epcot instead. The world showcase with all the movies is pretty interesting but if your well travelled already I would probably still stick with Animal Kingdom. We really enjoyed the scenery and the animals.

June 13, 2023, 9:16 PM

Epcot is probably the best bet as they've only got a couple intense rides and have lots of shows and indoor spaces to relax. Magic Kingdom is also a possibility if you avoid the coasters. I'd definitely steer clear of Hollywood Studios (very few attractions an expectant mother can safely do) and Animal Kingdom (same problem, plus limited places to relax indoors) unless you've got very specific reasons for visiting those parks that you can't get at the others.

June 14, 2023, 8:35 AM

Robert got it right with Epcot and Food and Wine Festival. That should be on the list by a longshot.

As for the others, its a bit of a mixed bag. I would give a slight edge to Magic Kingdom just because she would be able to ride a good chunk of the rides while being pregnant. It would just beat out Animal Kingdom because I do not think she can ride Kilmanjaro Safaris which is kind of the "thing" at Animal Kingdom

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive