CF/Six Flags

November 6, 2023, 12:06 PM

Robert or Russel -- Going back to the Peanuts vs. Looney Tunes debate (yes, probably at my own peril!) I've read in two separate places that the Peanuts license expires in 13 months for CF (with a five year renewal option). Do you know if that is true? Because if that's the case; this timeline works out very favorably for CF to use 2024 to transition out of the Peanuts license for 2025 to begin. There is no reason to pay for two licenses, and this license expiration and timeline would almost certainly make the decision for the potentially merged company. (While we all assume that the merger will be approved, there are still certain hurdle that need to be addressed.)

Replies (2)

Edited: November 6, 2023, 12:20 PM

See https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201709/5718/

That said, I would love to see the new Six Flags extend Peanuts at least for use at Knottā€™s. Perhaps they can get for less than a nationwide license.

November 6, 2023, 12:47 PM

Thanks! Both places had it wrong... both had the expiration on 12-31-24, and NOT through 2025.

I agree, I'd like to see the combined company continue the license, even if it was on a more limited basis. But... my fear is we are going to be hearing those dreaded terms of: "corporate synergies and economies of scale." I really hope they prove me wrong!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive