Is fast pass worth it for CP?

November 17, 2023, 9:35 AM

is fast pass worth it for cedar point? I plan on going with somebody next year, and doing a 2-day fast lane trip on a thursday-friday on opening month. is it worth it, or should I wait, or not get it at all?

Replies (4)

November 17, 2023, 10:25 AM

If you're going early in the season, I'd tend to say it's not worth it so long as you're comfortable getting there at opening. In my experience, you can get a lot done in the first couple hours before most people show up -- that's especially true during the offseason. And if you're going back-to-back days... you should be more than fine.

That said, I love not waiting in lines — so I wouldn't begrudge you springing for it if it fits into your budget.

Edited: November 17, 2023, 10:56 AM

good advice, although I forgot that the person I am traveling with has a season fast pass, but I will consider it. what I aim on doing is having a late night (jumping in TT2's line before the line stops letting people in), then going back to the hotel.

Edited: November 17, 2023, 11:30 AM

I think it depends. Cedar Point can have massive lines for their big attractions (Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Maverick, Valravn, and obviously Top Thrill 2), but we've managed to get on everything in a single day by using early entry (with our Platinum Passes), and visiting on weekdays during the summer.

I'd say if you plan on visiting over a weekend (Saturday/Sunday), you might not be able to hit everything, who knows how reliable or what the effective capacity of Top Thrill 2 will be, but you might want Fastlane for one of the 2 days. However, if you're spending 2 weekdays there that are away from the big holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day), you should be fine without Fastlane.

I would be concerned though if you're going during opening month (May 2024) that Top Thrill 2 might not be ready. I usually like to give a park a month or 2 to get new attractions ready for the year - even then it's not enough like our trip to World of Fun last year for Zambezi Zinger. Personally, we're not planning to visit Cedar Point next year until late July/early August so that TT2 has all its kinks worked out.

November 17, 2023, 12:12 PM

I'll also echo that I'd be concerned about visiting early if you're hoping to get on TT2. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet the over on that getting back up and running.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive