Rip Ride Rocket – What 1 song would you add?

November 19, 2014, 1:07 PM

As you probably are aware, you get to select you choice of music genre and then select from a small list of 5 songs in that selected genre. (Not to mention the hidden songs…oops I just mentioned it) – There is a hidden section of songs… Google it, if you are interested.

When I rode this fabulous roller coaster in April, I selected Rock and Evanescence - Bring Me To Life – Good song for a coaster.

But alas – one can only wonder what other songs would be perfect for this ride…

If I could add 1 song it would be REM – End of the World.

Maybe we could even lobby Universal to add something new.
We could have a vote; the winning song gets added to the ride….

Replies (11)

November 19, 2014, 3:36 PM

I would like a Harry Potter song perhaps.

November 19, 2014, 8:37 PM

East Jesus Nowhere- Green Day

December 12, 2014, 12:04 PM

I think Evanescence - Bring me to Life and The Black Eyed Peas Pump It are the two best. Not to mention Bring me to Life seems to be sync'd almost perfectly with the drops.

December 12, 2014, 2:33 PM

I'm partial to Pink Floyd's Great Gig in the Sky and Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls. If I had to add some more songs, I would add...

Led Zeppelin -"Whole Lotta Love" (already used on a coaster, and it was GREAT!)
Muse - Knights of Cydonia (the Muse song already in the track list (Stockholm Syndrome) is not the greatest)
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Van Halen - Panama

December 12, 2014, 3:54 PM

Has anyone updated the Easter Egg list recently? I can't believe it hasn't changed since we last published it. (I don't live in Orlando, or ride HRRR enough to update it myself.)

December 12, 2014, 7:43 PM

I would add Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me) or One Little Spark.

December 13, 2014, 4:41 PM

You're funny, James!

I'm also partial to Bring Me to Life when I ride HRRR. Bradley's right about how well it syncs.

How about adding Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride?

Edited: December 13, 2014, 5:34 PM

yellow flicker beat- Lorde

it needs some new songs from this year

December 13, 2014, 9:21 PM

'Ode to Joy' from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Or the organ finale from the fourth movement from Saint-Saens' Third Symphony. (That's the last song from the France movie in Epcot.)

The more obvious choices for Universal would be Hedwig's theme from the Harry Potter movies and Pharrell's 'Happy.'

December 14, 2014, 10:54 PM

I don't recall the songs that are included, but I just can't help but want Backstreet Boys - Everybody. It feels like it would work on that ride.

I've heard of them, but I don't know who Evanescence is. :|

December 15, 2014, 7:57 AM

I'd love to have the ability to choose;

1. "Fly by Night" - Rush
2. "Close to Me" - The Cure
3. "Armageddon It" - Def Leppard
4. "Already Gone" - The Eagles
5. "Learning to Fly" - Pink Floyd

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive