What roller coasters to get on?

November 25, 2014, 4:33 PM

I have never been on the Hulk or Rip Ride Rockit. Or any ride that goes upside down for that matter.

I have been on Expedition Everest and The Mummy. Also, Jurassic Park and Dudley-Do Rights (they're not roller coasters, but they have a drop).

Would Hulk or Rip Ride be too intense? Which one is more intense in your opinion? Thank you!

Replies (3)

Edited: November 25, 2014, 7:47 PM

Rip, Ride, Rockit actually doesn't go upside down -- its track twists on loops to keep the car upright. That said, I think that "RRR" ought to stand for "really rough ride," given my past experience on the coaster.

Hulk is much smoother, though it starts with an intense set of elements at the beginning -- a launch, cobra roll (upside down), a dive and a loop (upside down again). It's a Bolliger & Mabillard model, and many of us believe that B&M makes the best coasters in the world. I find it the most enjoyable coaster at Universal Orlando, and third behind SeaWorld's Manta and Kraken as the best coasters in Orlando. (Those also are B&M coasters.) YMMV, of course.

November 26, 2014, 6:54 AM

You will feel safer on Hulk. The restraints lock you in pretty well and you will be pinned to the seat. Just hang on and enjoy the 7 upside down segments.

You will get lost and confused on Hulk given the many turns… It is a blast and should be ridden twice…

Rip Rid Rocket is fun but that initial life will be scary for you….. The ride itself is fast and enjoyable.

As I tell folks- Use YouTube for a ride review with POV–(Point of View camera….) This will allow you to see the ride and you can then evaluate if you can handle the rides..

And have a great trip…

November 26, 2014, 11:56 AM

Don't forget Dragon Challenge. Both of these coasters are excellent individually and very smooth.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive