Frozen ride details?

April 9, 2015, 4:26 PM

Has Disney ever announced details or concept art for the Frozen ride in Epcot? Maelstrom has been closed for half a year and with the ride opening a little over a year from now, will Disney ever release concept art or details?

Replies (9)

April 10, 2015, 11:48 AM

The only thing I've heard officially is that the ride will feature amazing animatronics, as said by one of the film's directors.

Yeah, not much to go off from there.

April 10, 2015, 1:07 PM

My hope is they make the ride last longer. The original Maelstrom ride is a bit over 2 minutes long. Short and forgettable. They need to have the ride last 4 minutes so you can get a full "Let It Go". Expect lines to be over 2 hours.

April 10, 2015, 2:44 PM

I think the Frozen ride is the start of a new direction for Epcot. While the World Showcase is wonderful, it hasn't changed much in 20 years. IP should be used carefully in EPCOT, but changes need to be made. They need to make a strong connection to the real life inspirations of the movies to differentiate it from the kinds of attractions at the other Parks. Incorporating part of Disney Sea to the park would be awesome, and fits into the World Showcase. They also need to figure out a long term plan for Future World. I've said it before, and I'll say it again,Mike and Sully would be a perfect for an update to Energy Adventure.

April 26, 2015, 9:39 AM

Disney should be careful with IP at EPCOT. They shouldn't take center stage from the point or theme of a pavilion.

The most perfect example of this is The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Has the pavilion really changed that much? Not really. It is still the same Seabase Alpha with with the same general exhibits. Nemo and Friends educate rather than entertain.

I am pretty positive Frozen will not do this. It is there simply for entertainment purposes and that is plain wrong.

April 28, 2015, 3:05 PM

I think it will be a major ride that will soon be a Disney Park staple. This is because they already announced it at DisneySea and EPCOT, and if it was an ok ride it would just be at EPCOT.

April 28, 2015, 3:05 PM

I think it will be a major ride that will soon be a Disney Park staple. This is because they already announced it at DisneySea and EPCOT, and if it was an ok ride it would just be at EPCOT.

April 28, 2015, 7:29 PM

I really hope they invest a good amount of time and money in this attraction as so many people will want to ride it, specially younger audiences, causing insanely long lines. This should be a new E-ticket ride or otherwise it will dissapoint a lot of visiting fans.

Edited: April 29, 2015, 2:18 PM

Sadly we know almost nothing about what Disney is doing with this attraction yet.... maybe they'll give us more during D23. I am hopeful whatever they are building will be just the beginning of some sweeping changes to Epcot in the near future. Edutainment is fine... but Disney can't forget the "tainment" part, either.

May 5, 2015, 11:34 AM

Actually we know a BIT more....

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/01/frozen-epcot-expansion-more-than-new-ride-walt-disney-world-plan-reveals-large-new-meet-and-greet-building-next-to-norway/

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5822350

Basically everything I've read is saying March 2016. But.... rumors have wings and love to fly ??

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive