Advise needed for 1st visit to Six Flags Over Texas

May 20, 2015, 4:13 PM

Dates: June 6 - June 8

1.- If I buy the Annual Pass, can I "Park Hop" Between the theme park and the water park on the same day? Are they within walking distance of each other or is transportation needed?

2.- This one is silly but I've never been to a water park. I need general tips in this regard. Do you have to walk around in naked feet if you wanna ride the attractions? Isn't the floor very hot from the sun?

3.- What are your general recommendations if I don't wanna drive? Uber and lyft?

4.- Hotels. Since it's a short trip would you recommend staying near the park or near the airport?

Thanks in advance

Replies (8)

Edited: May 20, 2015, 9:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can Parc Hopp if you have a Combo Pass from 6FoverTexas!

Tip Put their Adress in google Maps and switch to Satelit Hybrid View - so you can see exactly where everything is located! Kust amazing!

By the Way: Same 6Flags Parks have a Water Park INSIDE the regulas Themepark like 6F over Georgia and Admission is already included in ebery Ticket during Water Park Operational Times!

Most Water Parks allow Aqua Socks on most Slides. Try to search for FAQ on their Webpage! As right now an Advertising about 6F Aquashoes on Amazone is showed on this Page I'm 99 % shure, that you can wear those more soft shoes on the most slides. At every Slide is a Sign if in doubt.. (before you get up their) And if not sure ask the Lifeguard at the Ride Exit.

If it is very hot I recommend going fast, between walking and running - works well for me!

Bring a towel with you as most parks charge for them!

Transport and Accomodation:

I stay at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Arlington

Dallas - Atlanta 42,50 w/o Discount Greyhound
22:45/23:50 - 18:20/18:30
Atlanta - Orlando

or 5,2 M with Uber for 8-11$, 13 Min via W. Main:

23:20 Grand Prairie 710 Davis Str. - 18:30 Atlanta Civic C. Megabus 20$

May 26, 2015, 8:32 PM

1. Yes, you can park hop if you get the combo pass, which is more than the regular SFOT season pass. You cannot do each park justice in a half a day, though. You'd need to purchase the Flash Pass at SFOT to have a chance at getting anything done in half a day.

The Six Flags lines will be shorter in the morning and will probably be shorter than Hurricane Harbor's. HH's lines can get long and move very slowly.

It would take you almost an hour to walk from one park to the other, but it is only a couple miles between them so a car of some sort will be needed (taxi, Uber, Lyft, whatever you think is most reliable).

2. If it is hot enough for a water park in Texas, it is hot enough to burn your feet on the sidewalk. For the water park, you'll want some sort of water shoes or sandals. Flip-flops come off, so you want them to be water repelling and to have a heel that holds them on well.

3. Texans tend to be individualistic. Services like taxis, Uber, Lyft, etc are present but they serve a small market. You'll be a guinea pig. Please report back for others' benefit how you manage transportation across Texas freeways without a car.

4. It doesn't matter that much. If you can find a hotel that offers shuttle service to the airport and to Six Flags, that would solve your car problem. Otherwise, which place you'll have the most trouble waking up and where you want to be on that day (the parks or the airport) would make the most sense for location.

May 27, 2015, 10:13 AM

Nice, thanks guys.

I went last year, the park was closed but I had reservations in Arlington anyway. To my surprise, there was no such thing as public transportation in Arlington. There is a train from Dallas to Forth Worth but it doesn't operate every day. The weather was bad (winter) and I didn't know yet about Uber and Lyft, took a lot of taxis and they were not cheap (Don't like renting cars).

Still making my mind between membership, annual pass or 1 day tickets. I'll probably go for the membership.

May 27, 2015, 11:44 AM

http://arlingtontrolley.com/schedules/

It looks like Arlington has a local trolley that goes between the two now. I don't know anything about it. I'd contact them for info on the fastest path between parks to see if that's feasible.

June 1, 2015, 5:30 PM

Free trolley!? Sweet! That's gonna be handy man, thanks. I plan staying on the admiral so I'll use the trolley's green line for the parks.

June 2, 2015, 2:25 PM

Please let me know how it works out so I can know whether to recommend it in the future!

June 8, 2015, 8:44 PM

Didnt use uber. Arrived at the park on saturday at about 3 or 4 pm. We headed straight for Justice League and found a single rider and that's what we used. We were lucky as in less than 5 minutes we were already riding and I loved it. However, the downside to the single rider is that you miss pretty much all the immersive queue. Also, my sister overheard comments that the attraction breaks down a lot.

At around 9 pm we headed for the trolley and to my surprise it was pretty much empty. We were like a total of 5 people including the driver. In less than a few minutes we were at the hotel. The trolleys were clean, big, and comfy. Also the air was great, unlike the buses at DisneyWorld that are freezing most of the time. Remember to ask the hotel reception to give you a trolley pass after you check in so you can use the trolley.

We stayed at The Admiral hotel. It somehow has 3 stars in booking.com but I didn't like it. The room was ok I guess but the breakfast didn't have a toaster or a waffle machine. The only good thing about the hotel was that they have a guy that can drive you around and the price is better than taxis. 10 dollars from the hotel to the park on the second day (we didn't want to wait for the trolley) and 25 dollars to the airport.

June 9, 2015, 6:38 AM

Also, the employees need more training. They seem super disorganized at Justice League, like they were just improvising or something. Someone gave my sister the 3d glasses, then the same employee took them away for some reason, then a different employee told her to get inside the vehicle but she didn't have any glasses until a third employee gave her some. We also saw a person with walking disability who they just keep moving around. Like they told him to go through the flash pass/single rider, then no, go through the exit store, then again no, go back through single rider/flash pass. It was very hArd for him to walk and they keep moving him and his party around.

At one point we were looking for a particular ride (La Vibora Bobsleds) and the employees we asked didn't know were it was. This is an actual conversation with one of them:

- Hello. Excuse me, where's La Vibora?
- I'm sorry, I don't speak spanish.

i'm not kidding, that really happened! At least the other employee knew that was the name of the ride even though they didn't remember where it was. i told her that I did speak spanish but that it was beside the point, that that was the name of the ride. She looked at my map, then gave us some bogus directions, we thanked her and then we saw the ride in the opposite direction that she had told us it would be.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive