Which animated Disney IP should WDW focus on?

Edited: June 7, 2015, 11:29 AM

The Disney company has under it's belt the most iconic animated movies ever made. After they finish with avatar and Star Wars , which animated movie would best fit in the disney parks?

Replies (12)

Edited: June 7, 2015, 10:34 AM

Besides the newest ones, I don't really think there's any other animated films that arent already in use. Disney Animation has made many classics which are already in the parks, but it's had many duds as well. Wreck it Ralph would be a good movie for an attraction and Tangled as well. But Disney really needs to make new attractions that aren't based on IP. Many of Disney's greatest attractions weren't based on IP. Now it's all about making rides that sell merchandise that you can get outside of the for less. Let the Imagineers tell their own story and give us new experiences and new characters, not just ones that promote Disney items for sale at the gift shops and Target.

June 5, 2015, 3:02 PM

I'm anticipating Star Wars with greatest interest because they haven't announced anything. The next project will depend on whether it has staying power. Obviously Frozen has staying power, but they are almost done with this.

Next up is Marvel, but likely at Disneyland Resort in California.

So what I'm looking forward to is Bambi with The Rock. (joking).

I feel bad about Tomorrowland. Goodbye. We had hopes, but no more.

Maybe Carsland at DHS? Rumors about a Pixar renovation at DHS should mean they do it there too. Of course, this won't happen if Disney doubles down and make the Star Wars Land twice as large like what Universal did with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

June 5, 2015, 3:28 PM

I remain completely bewildered as to why Disney has failed to develop films and attractions based on the Artemis Fowl franchise. That own the IP!

June 5, 2015, 6:39 PM

^Ditto.

I'd also like to see a variety of attractions featuring Pixar characters in DHS' Pixar Place. Perhaps something to coincide with the Incredibles 2 movie coming out in 2016, maybe, and something from Monsters, Inc.

June 6, 2015, 10:21 AM

How about a Tron attraction? I know they announced there won't be a Tron 3, but a Tron ride would be pretty cool!

June 7, 2015, 5:25 AM

They actually did announce a tron 3.

June 7, 2015, 7:11 AM

Yeah, but it was cancelled due to Tomorrowland's failure at the box office.

June 7, 2015, 9:18 AM

Inside Out and Big Hero 6 could actually give some life to Future World

June 7, 2015, 11:43 AM

I would love to see a Lion King dark ride attraction go in Animal Kingdom. The film is Disney's second highest grossing film just behind Frozen and as a kid I would have liked seeing all the film's animatronics come to life in a fun and musical ride.
Besides that. I think Star Wars should be their priority as of now and build the anticipated yet not confirmed Star Wars Land.

June 7, 2015, 7:20 PM

1. Why are there no Lion King rides at Animal Kingdom? You could do a family coaster, a dark ride, or even an area
2. How bout a Big Hero 6 3-D movie to replace Captain EO?

Edited: June 8, 2015, 6:02 AM

I strongly agree they should actually make the pixar place an actual PIXAR place and not just toy story , and lion king land with a dark ride has been overdue.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive