In 2009 Disney did something Great.

June 23, 2015, 11:21 AM

Disney was about to release a movie called UP. I am sure many of you remember this movie. It was about a Retired balloon salesman wants to take his home to Paradise Falls to fulfill promise to late wife named Ellie.

Anyway there was a young girl who wanted to see this movie but was dying of cancer and was too weak to go to a theater. Disney found about this and made the young girl a DVD to watch at home 1 month before the movie UP was released to the theaters.

Yes I understand Disney did get a lot to publicity for this but Disney did something most large corporations do not often do – They went out of their way for One person, they actually cared more about a person than profits.

Now remember, I am a huge Universal fan so for me to give credence to Disney took a lot out of me. (Just kidding)… Sometimes these mega corporations are not so bad after all… (Get it – after all, it’s a small world after all.)

Replies (3)

June 23, 2015, 12:11 PM

An excellent gesture.

June 23, 2015, 6:47 PM

I remember that. While today's Disney is a very large company that focuses on making money through its many subsidies, there are good people at Disney, and that happened because of some of nice people at Pixar and Disney that mwde that happen. As much as we hate how it seems like they keep raising prices to please shareholders and ninatead of customers, Disney does do some nice things. It's just that they have to please it's customers and the general public as well as shareholders.

June 25, 2015, 2:31 PM

Disney does a lot of things that are great. While they have a long way to go, they have made environmental sustainability an important goal, both for themselves and their supply chains, and they are very transparent about it. They score themselves very harshly.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive