Ride popularity for WDW frequent visitors

August 20, 2015, 9:59 PM

My post/question is to all the people who visit Walt Disney World often, by often I mean they have annual passes and go a few times a year or more. My question is what rides at each of the parks do you ride every time you visit and which rides do you do maybe once for the year and don't re-ride til next year or after a couple years til you've missed it. For me, at Magic Kingdom, I always do the three main mountains(Space, Splash and Big Thunder) along with Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover and Pirates. Rides I love doing but less frequently are Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress, Jungle Cruise, It's A Small World, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Monsters Inc, Mickey's Philharmagic & The Tiki Room. Anything else I haven't mentioned I'm fine with doing once a year. At Epcot, the must do's each time are Soarin', Test Track, Mission: Space and Spaceship Earth while less frequently I'll visit The Seas with Nemo, Living with the Land, Gran Fiesta Tour, Journey Into Imagination & Captain EO. Once a year at Epcot is...Circle of Life, Ellen's Energy Adventure, O'Canada, Impressions De France, Reflections of China, American Adventure and Innoventions. At Hollywood Studios, must do's are Tower of Terror, Rock'N Roller Coaster and Star Tours. Less frequently I visit Toy Story Mania, Great Movie Ride and Muppet Vision 3D. Once a year includes One Man's Dream and Indiana Jones. At Animal Kingdom, must do's are Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Less frequently are Kali River Rapids, It's Tough to be a Bug and Primeval Whirl. Once a year includes... Conservation Station and Festival of the Lion King. I'm curious to hear what you feel are rides that you must do each time and one's you can wait awhile after riding before riding again.

Replies (3)

August 21, 2015, 4:24 AM

MK Must Do's - Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash and Big Thunder
MK if we get to it - Mine Train, Philharmagic, Buzz (which we will ride over and over if the queue is under 10 minutes)
MK Once a Year - Anything not mentioned previously (Space just makes me sick anymore unfortunately or it would be on the Must Do List)

EPCOT Must Do's - EAT FOOD, Space Ship Earth
EPCOT if we get to it - Soarin', Test Track, Living with the Land (nice to relax and not walk for a few), Showcase rides/shows.
We'll ride what ever we are close to honestly at EPCOT but mainly go for the food and education on cultures.

Hollywood Studios Must Do's - Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, ToyStory Midway Mania (if we get a FP+), Indy, Fantasmic!
If we get to it - Star Tours (again makes me a little sick but worth it), One Man's Dream.

Animal Kingdom Must Do's - Everest, Safari, Jungle Trek, Festival of the Lion King, spying on Pandora!
Animal Kingdom If we get to it - Tough to be a Bug, Dinosaur.

I'll take it a step further...Shops we always hit at Disney Springs...

Basin, Tea and Spice, World of Disney, Ghiradelli (for the free samples, yeah we go in and out on the way to and from hehe).

August 21, 2015, 6:02 AM

At Magic Kingdom, I always ride Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress. I often do Thunder Mountain as well. Splash Mountain is a rarity. I don't ride Space Mountain. The lines are usually too long for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train - or it's broken, in all honesty.

At EPCOT, I usually do Soarin. But as Bradley said, it's really all about the food. And the free soda at Club Cool. :P

Hollywood Studios - I always do Rockin Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania if I can get a Fast Pass. I'll always do Tower of Terror too because the lines are generally less than half of RNRC, and they're so close to one another.

Animal Kingdom - Everest is the one I do every time. The Safari is the one I do 4 out of 5 times, and Dinosaur I do less than half the time, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

And yes. Ghirardelli's free samples are awesome!

August 27, 2015, 9:55 AM

MK - People Mover/TTA, Pirates, Haunted Mansion
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari, Maharajah Jungle Trek,
DHS - Tower of Terror
Epcot - Spaceship Earth, Impressions of France, American Adventure, El Rio Del Tiempo, Listen to the Land

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive