New T-2 3D Pre-Show

November 27, 2015, 6:56 PM

Thoughts? Seems that this show is here to stay for a while longer. Rumors that there may be main show upgrades in the near future too.

Replies (15)

November 27, 2015, 9:40 PM

Insiders like Marni are saying that the show film will be upgraded to SpiderMan standards like the HD upgrade in the pre show. Also hearing special effects are being refurbed. Sounds like it will be around for a while. Insiders are saying they're spending a significant amount on the refurb. I've always enjoyed this show. Glad to hear it stays for now.

November 28, 2015, 8:57 AM

The preshow made a brief mention of Genesys, the new sequel movie. Anyways, the new sequel obliterated the premise. The timeline has changed. There is no Skynet. Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor never made a John Connor. Arnold is the old Terminator.

Edited: November 28, 2015, 9:16 AM

I liked the original show I saw back in 2007, but I haven't seen it since. Still, I am glad they are keeping it around and I will catch the show again when/if I visit in 2017. However, the new Genisys film, which I finally watched this past week (along with Jurassic World), was abysmal (ditto for Jurassic World) and should NOT be part of the attraction. Everything in the Terminator canon after T2: Judgement Day should be blotted out from the memories of all who were unlucky enough to have seen them.

November 28, 2015, 11:45 AM

Genisys was indeed abysmal (not sure I'll say the same about Jurassic World though, but that's neither here nor there), but I have no problem with a small, little reference, especially since the last preshow was ridiculously outdated and laughable.

November 28, 2015, 3:57 PM

Anything linking this attraction to the badness of Genisys diminishes the experience. Even acknowledging its existence is a mistake. But most visitors won't know or care.

I only mentioned JW because I watched both films back to back, and have to say I found them equally unappealing. Both were a slap in the face to their respective franchises, both had lamentable acting and dialogue, both were filled with characters that made cardboard cutouts look desirable, and both made lots of money despite my disdain for them. I guess I am just out of touch with what today's movie goers enjoy.

I sure hope Star Wars 7 doesn't disappoint in a similar fashion....

November 28, 2015, 9:14 PM

Wow!!! I was told specifically by someone "in the know" that T2-3D and Twister were going away at the end of 2015... looks like this show is staying.

I would love to see all of the film re-done for both the pre-show and the climactic ending.

November 29, 2015, 12:05 PM

@James: I also watched Jurassic World and Terminator Genesys at the same time. I felt JW was very good, but Genesys was okay, but more disappointing for the closure of the storyline.

November 29, 2015, 2:03 PM

Each to his own, Anon, but neither movie was worth the time or money to me, even though I got them from Netflix. Really disappointing stuff, IMHO. Nothing good I can say about them. Even Chris Pratt was subpar - at best.

November 29, 2015, 4:10 PM

It's nice to seee an older attraction fine a slight touch up. Even though Terminator may be outdated, It shows that older attractions aren't being negelcted.

November 30, 2015, 10:30 PM

I liked JW... is was exactly what I expected and it was fun. Haven't seen the new Terminator and probably never will.

December 1, 2015, 7:50 AM

I thought Jurassic World was good. It was definitely an improvement over Jurassic Park 3 which I thought was terrible end to the original set of sequels. Some of the set pieces of JW would be great jumping off points for new attractions in the JP section of IOA. I wish we could also get the Happy Flying Dinosaur ride that Japan is building. Or at least a margarita stand.

The new Terminator film was a train wreck in motion. I really wanted to look away, but I couldn't help to keep watching to see what terrible direction it could take next. The series ends with T2 for me. The television show was okay and if it had been given another season it could have possibly have developed into a nice companion to the Cameron films.

When I was at Universal in October I went to the Terminator show once. I hadn't been to it in a couple of years. For the parts that I saw, I thought it held up well. The reason I say "parts that I saw" is that air conditioning + dark room + wearing 3d glasses equals me falling asleep fairly easy. The chair bounce at the end of the show did wake me up. I wonder how much the show costs per a run. I saw a video on youtube for Twister and it mentioned the cost to run the show for one set of guests. I can't remember the exact number, but it was fairly expensive even for Universal standards. After seeing that number it made sense to me why they were closing it and replacing it with something else.

December 1, 2015, 3:58 PM

Terminator Genesis was horrible, but T2 is amazing and the original is very good. I love this show so I'm glad its getting some love.

December 1, 2015, 5:53 PM

I also just updated the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_3-D:_Battle_Across_Time#Pre-show to include the new pre-show. This thread is now cited.

Edited: December 4, 2015, 12:39 PM

Universal just changed this pre show redo. Supposedly the content in the debut had not been approved. The new pre show, as of Dec. 4th, no longer has references to Genisys or Project Angel...My thoughts are these changes in concept & timeline were not the path Universal wanted to go down for the show. It would have altered the show to a version that is probably less interesting to anyone that likes the franchise.Either that or the original T2 producers were unhappy with this timeline change....This should make James Rao happy.

December 6, 2015, 7:37 PM

Indeed it does. And the world is a better place when I am happy. ;)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive