companies who plan & design theme parks (any country)

January 27, 2016, 1:02 AM

Hi all TPIs,
Hope this post finds everyone enjoying in theme parks :)
Further to my previous query regarding "how to be a theme park designer", wish to ask fellow people a new question.

If anybody can tel me that which companies work as planner / designer/ consultant of theme parks? I wish to explore the list of such companies and join them to create magnificent world of theme parks..

Thanks in advance..

Replies (7)

January 27, 2016, 10:27 AM

Disney, Universal, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, SeaWorld? I don't really understand this question.

January 27, 2016, 10:31 AM

What role are you looking to get? there are a ton of different areas in which the whole process comes together. I could rattle off names of companies, but they all differ. Universal creative, Thierry coup, oceaneering international.

January 28, 2016, 10:04 AM

Theme parks are designed by whomever owns and operates them.

But there are roller coaster companies like Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M) and Intamin.

Not trying to bust your chops but did Google break again...

February 3, 2016, 10:04 PM

Thank you very much for the replies..
I better re-frame my question. I am a civil engineer currently working in ernst & young India. Of lately, my interest is increased in designing / planning theme parks/ tourist attractions and i am quite interested in working on such projects. So I wish to gather information on companies which takes up similar work for theme parks/tourist places so that I can apply to those companies. :)

February 4, 2016, 10:31 AM

We had a thread like this before...

Edited: February 4, 2016, 12:25 PM

You work at Ernst & Young and you have no basic skills to do your own research? Maybe they don't want to hire you since you have no idea who they are.

February 4, 2016, 10:13 PM

@Anon.. thanks for the suggestions and comments. The objective of posting my question here is to get more (read specific) idea than what google gives. It is called "sector expertise" FYI.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive