The Joker's Total Mayhem CONFIRMED Six Flags Great Advnture

Edited: January 27, 2016, 5:52 AM

Replies (5)

January 27, 2016, 9:19 AM

Joker is a better name, but why did it take them so long to do this?

January 27, 2016, 12:57 PM

@Juan Hamilton
I think They didn't have the DC rights for this coaster back in August but they wanted to announce it with the rest of the Six Flags things

UPDATE
The track is on site!
I2016 01 15 57 D86 FFCB4 C7 600x300

January 27, 2016, 1:45 PM

The track has been onsite since December. It came in on hundreds of conex boxes and staged in the storage area near Nitro and Batman. Most of the footers were poured when I last visited the park the weekend before Christmas.

I'm not terribly thrilled about this. It's going to be an extremely slow loader and doesn't look much different than Green Lantern at SFMM aside from the longer train. S&S owns all of the Arrow patents to the 4-D concept and this is the best they can do after 10+ years?

January 27, 2016, 2:28 PM

@Russell Meyer
I didn't know track was on site. I saw the footers a few weeks ago. I did in that storage area see one of Green Lantern's trains and one of Batman's trains.

January 27, 2016, 5:11 PM

Jaiden, I heard the theme change was due to poor reception to the original version along with purple and green paint being cheaper than red and orange (I'm a bit skeptical about that part). Given that Six Flags is installing two other Joker coasters in 2016 I doubt there would be an IP issue.

Speaking of Joker coasters, I like the color of this ride better now but wish they had come up with a creative name. The coaster is simply called Joker (Total Mayhem has been completely dropped), and Six Flags already has three other coasters called Joker in the chain, all of which are completely different from one another. Wouldn't it make more sense if everything sharing a name was similar i.e. all mega coasters are Goliath, all spinners are Joker, all inverts are Batman, etc.

Anyway, I've heard good things about the version in Texas so I'm guessing this will be a win for SFGAdv despite all the complaining. Capacity is the only worry I have about the ride as I'm guessing 500 RPH is about the practical maximum for this design.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive