Cafe Orleans

Jon Howie

Published: September 10, 2008

Featuring Crepes, Salads and the famous Monte Cristo Sandwiches

James Rao
We had dinner reservations for about 5:00 PM, and were seated promptly with a great table near the railing on the Pirates of the Caribbean side of the restaurant. From our vantage point we had a great view of Tom Sawyer’s Island and all the people making their way through this classic park.

We requested two orders of Pommes Frites (French fries laced with edible crack), extra dipping sauce, a Monte Cristo, a Three Cheese Monte Cristo, and a Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich (for my wife who is not big on heavily fried foods). The Pommes Frites were light, airy, and full of flavor, as amazing as everyone said they would be, and they were gone in minutes, which was fine since the main course arrived in record time (the wait staff was exceptional). The kids and I shared the two Cristos and enjoyed them, although the consensus opinion was that the Three Cheese version was not in the same league as the standard turkey, ham, and Swiss version. My wife’s sandwich was expertly prepared, full of flavor, and tasty, so if you are looking for something a bit less heavy and not fried, you can’t go wrong with Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich. For dessert we ordered Mickey Beignets (of course) and a special Halloween demitasse pumpkin cup, which was filled with pumpkin and chocolate mousse. Both desserts were delicious, although the Beignets were pretty messy, so have plenty of napkins on hand when you partake. I definitely recommend a stop at this "reasonably" priced table service restaurant.

Chris S
Good service and ambiance. However, I must admit that I'm in the minority here and confess that I was not a fan of the famous Monte Cristo sandwiches. I probably should have read the menu in more detail, but I basing my ordering decision off the myriad positive reviews of the Monte Cristo I read. In bite-size pieces, they might make a tasty appetizer, but putting a few slices of meat and cheese inside what is essentially a deep-fried donut is not what I call an ideal lunch. Thankfully, there were some grapes that came with the meal to offset the grease. I like Monte Cristos much better when it's more similar to a sandwich made out of French toast, which was more of what I was expecting. I would probably go back to Cafe Orleans, especially to try to get a seat outside overlooking Frontierland, but I would not order the Monte Cristo again.
DPCC inc.
The Monte Cristos are amazing and easily enough for 2people. The Gumbo and pomme frites were also delicious. This has the same MENU and KITCHEN as blue bayou, at half the price. 10/10
Mark Kausch
I'm lovin' this place. The seafood crepes are dee-licious.
Carl Stovall
One of the best sit-down experiences I have had in a theme park. The monte cristo is very tasty and I never miss an opportunity for beignets.