It's a Small World

Boat Ride

Walt Disney created It's a Small World as a tribute to the United Nations' International Children's Emergency Fund [UNICEF] for the 1964 New York Fair. Artist Mary Blair designed the unique scenes of children playing around the world, while Robert and Richard Sherman wrote the ride's unforgettable theme song. It's a Small World became a huge hit, so, after the fair, Disney moved the ride to Disneyland, where it continues to operate to this day.

Classic attraction updated and cleaned up. The Holiday overlay is fun as well. The message is definitely something we need today.
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I wasn't expecting much after the lackluster WDW version, but the scale of this ride blew me away. Not only the exterior but the interior was excellently done. I would certainly recommend at least one cruise if the line is short. 7/10
It's a Small World is a nice attraction at Disneyland and has a very classic feel to it. The song is a bit too catchy, though I'm sure most of you know that by now, and the ride does have that "World's Fair" feel to it, which I feel can be a positive or a negative depending on how you look at it.
Nice way to cool off and get a song stuck in your head. But that's about it.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter