Space Mountain

Published: January 29, 2010

Originally opened in 1977, the Anaheim version of Disney's indoor "wild mouse" coaster ride through space now features an on-ride musical soundtrack, as well as a special Halloween version, "Ghost Galaxy" that runs in October.

Disneyland's Space Mountain also includes a dedicated loading bay for disabled guests, so they can load at their pace. The ride vehicle is on a platform that will eventually be slid into place and take off like other ride vehicles.

Alice Butera
This ride is fun for all ages. Its not scary (except for Halloweentime), and a thriller. It may seem a bit scary too children, but its not a huge rollercoaster. Its a good way too get kids too try that rollercoaster and try and move up too the bigger ones.
The only thing that this ride lacks so much in is the story. There's really no story (except for once again at Halloweentime), and even the Halloween storyline is a bit weak. It would be a much funner ride if they added some story, but I do fear if they do it might be too similar too Star Tours or unoriginal like some space mission thing. But after all the many memories I've made here, growing up with this ride as my holy grail, I have a love for it. I ride it everytime I go.
David Matecki
One of my favorites and experienced ghost galaxy last time. That was pretty cool
James Rao
When we visited, the Halloween Ghost Galaxy overlay for Space Mountain was in place, and it was excellent. Essentially, there is a space ghost (not the one from the old Saturday morning cartoons) who chases you throughout the course of the ride. It is a very cool effect. My whole family loved Ghost Galaxy and we rode it several times. I also loved the way the onride music ebbed and flowed with the track layout, and how it swelled whenever the ghost appeared. Many people say the Disneyland version of Space Mountain is better than the Florida version, but both versions are a whole lot of fun, and are different enough that they can mutually coexist. If I was forced to pick one or the other I guess I would give a slight nod to Disneyland's version, but my wife says the opposite. Either way, Space Mountain continues to be a fun and invigorating coaster.
Bryce McGibeny
Amazing theming and plenty of thrills. This blows the MK version out of the water. The on-board soundtrack just really helped to fulfill the experience. 10/10
Manny Barron
Other than Indiana Jones, this is the best ride in the park. This coaster is fast, lengthy, and has a rockin sound track as to go with it as well. The dips and turns in the dark are very fun. A definite must ride.
Carl Stovall
Very good ride. I liked this more than the Magic Kingdom version. However, it would be nice to see the queue updated with the interactivity found in the other park. This was my kids' favorite ride in the park.
ed shaheen
much much much much much much much much much much much better then disaster transport