Test Track

Track Ride

You’ll tour an idealized automotive design facility in this ride sponsored by Chevrolet. While you wait to board, you’ll get to choose some of the elements of a new car that will be tested during your ride. Once on board, you’ll ride in a six-seat “test vehicle” as unseen engineers test your car for traction, response, efficiency, and, of course, speed. The finale blasts you through the wall of the test facility for a high-speed ride around the outside of the Test Track building.

One of Epcot’s most popular attractions, ride Test Track early in the morning or use the Fastpass+ ride reservation system (explained later in the book). There also is a single rider line that can cut your wait substantially in the middle of the day.

The GOOD: The interactive elements are great fun. Designing your own car and competing is a blast. The ride itself is fun, thrilling, and well themed.
The BAD: I miss the hot and cold sequences of the old version.
RATING: It is a great attraction. While the old attraction is missed, I truly believe this is an improvement. It is a very fun ride and would be must-do in any park. 9/10.
The fastest ride at Walt Disney World, Test Track is a rush from the moment you get on it, to the moment you exit it! It's educational, yet thrilling at the same time! It's very neat how you can design and test your own car that you make and then see how it performs against others. The queue has some really cool cars in it, as well. The ride itself is the pest part of the attraction, it's super intense and thrilling for a Sim car ride. The tests are pretty cool going super fast and then stopping dramatically. Though, nothing gets me more excited than hearing that TT music playing and all the categories add for the speed test, and then all of the sudden you shoot out and race around, it's just so breathtaking, literally. The ride is enjoyable and makes a dang good thrill for Epcot. However, the only flaw is how it compares to other rides. It's just not quite as good as the old Test Track. That goes the same with Radiator Springs Racers and Journey To The Center Of The Earth, those are experiences. Still, it's highly recommended! 8.5/10
It is an educational thrill ride. That is both amazing and interesting to me!
Old version was many many times better. The new one is just okay.
My opinion has changed on this ride. It has really grown on me. I do wish it included more educational aspects like the older one and Worlds of Motion, but the TRON like fits in with Duture World. I can also just appreciate for being some fun thrills in Epcot. I would prefer an educational omnimover sure, but it is what it is. The ride has a great single rider queue, and it hits my adrenaline bone right. I would recommend it. 8/10
The "upgrades" only make the ride look cheaper and the interactive elements don't add much to the experience. The ending is not that exciting once you actually drive faster than that on the drive to get there.
So much fun, and the fastest ride in WDW! I prefer Radiator Springs Racers and Journey to The Center of The Earth, but Test Track is still a must do in WDW. My only
Complaint is that it feels short, and if you are outside the building the cars zooming overhead ARE EXTREMELY LOUD.
A lot of people don't seem to like the new renovation but I think it makes more sense with the futuristic theme of Epcot , overall I love this ride , is fast, is fun and it has a great line, 9/10
Super fun (I still prefer Radiator Springs Racers though) and don't miss it in Epcot!
This is one of Disneyworld's best attractions. You go through car tests, and then at the end speed through a high speed section eventually going across the front of the plaza. I think the Tron-like theme is a bit of a downgrade, but I like building your own vehicle. If this were the original version I'd give it 9.75/10. This version (9.25/10). If it were a bit longer it would nearly be perfect.
This is one of the top rides in Epcot. It is super cool and fun. 10/10
I really liked Test Track when I went in 2010. I thought (and still think) it's better than Radiator Springs Racers. However, the new renovation takes away the humor and charm from the ride by making it to futuristic and cold. Also, I don't like how you get to build your own car and test it. For example, if all you care about is power, and everyone else in your vehicle wants a non intense ride, your ride experience will automatically be ruined. I feel like this new feature creates and inconsistent experience, which greatly takes away from the ride.
Test Track is okay. I like the uniqueness of it, but besides that, it's not great. I don't like the fact that it's like one big advertisement for Chevrolet (where's the Disney magic in that?) and the theme of a futuristic car is not really my cup of tea. I also didn't particularly care for the part where you get to design your own car, the whole time I was like, "can we just skip this and get on the ride?" but maybe it's cool for younger kids. I personally would rather the ride have been something more like Radiator Springs Racers in Anaheim, which incorporates a (more) modern Disney movie. Besides that, the ride itself is enjoyable and probably a "must-do" attraction for me.
Overall - 7.5/10
I love the new sci-fy theme! I do miss the old attraction!
The new pre-show interactivity and Magic Band integrations are cool and give the ride a techy feel it lacked before, but as others have pointed out the best part of the ride is short outside speed section and the rest feels like waiting to get there. These cars don't feel in the least bit futuristic, especially when you can step into a Tesla in a mall near you and see its sophisticated displays -- and its SILENT performance. Why is the car of the future from Disney so darn noisy? These things lurch and lunge and make loud screaming noises which no real electric car makes. Sends a bad message, but perhaps GM doesn't care.
A big upgrade of the previous Test Track with the interactivity of designing your own car and the competition with others on the ride. A step in the right direction towards a new Future World of EPCOT. The other pavilions should follow its lead. Interactive, futuristic, and fun!
One of the better things in the park, but a major downgrade from the previous version. 7/10

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter