The American Adventure

Animatronic Show

This 30-minute show is Disney’s rendition of American history as told by Audio-Animatronic versions of Mark Twain and Ben Franklin. Behind the “actors” is an immense rear-projection screen upon which images are interwoven with the animatronic action on stage. You have to walk up to the second floor of the building to reach the theater, because the show’s various scenes are kept on separate stages which are stored underneath the audience’s seats. The background images for each scene also reflect the technology of the time period: pilgrims and colonialists use paintings, the Civil War uses photographs, and World War I and so on use moving pictures. The show’s finale is a performance of “Golden Dream,” with music by Bob Moline and lyrics by Randy Bright, presented over a montage of what’s happened in American history since World War II.

Magnificent, brilliant, and inspiring, The American Adventure is quite an attraction. I find it to be one of the most underrated attractions at WDW. The American Adventure is an only-of-its-kind achievement that represents the best of the incredible Imagineering that went into bringing EPCOT Center to fruition, and boy did it work! The animatronics are advanced and modern, The scenes are detailed and insightful, and impressive as they rise from the stage and engage the audience. This show gets me every time and I aways leave with a few tears in my eyes and feeling proud to be an American, it will make you feel that way (and will make you want to be an American if you're not). This show is just so powerful and moving and will impress everyone who watches. It remains as one of the best achievements ever made by Walt Disney Imagineering and absolutely shouldn't be missed by anyone. 9/10
Truly great AAs make this ride more then a boring retelling of American history. Mark Twain especially impresses. The rest of the show is a bit dated. With 9/11 featuring prominently in Golden Dreams, and nothing since then, the finale could use an update. Perhaps including some of the moments from the 16 years since. Other then that, it's a show I wouldn't skip.
Boring. Don't waste your time, unless you are looking for a nap. However, I must say it's nice for a nap, and I actually mean that. Those seats were comfy!
For me, the most underrated attraction at WDW. I wasn't expecting much, but I was blown away by the show. The animatronics are top notch, and their involvement in the show is a marvel to look at. I still put it among the most impressive feats by Imagineers. Certainly do not miss this amazing show. 9/10
I have mixed feelings about this show, let's start with the positives.
The theater itself it's beautiful and the automatictromics are great, but the show gets a little boring after a while, especially for younger, it's a great attraction for older folks.
I really like this show! It presents American History using animatronics and the media of that time (paintings for Revolution, photos for the Civil War, radio for the 20s).

Some people state that they gloss over the dark parts of American history. I actually disagree. I think they present most of it in a very frank and somewhat creative way. The Civil War portrayal tells a story of a family. We are that family split apart due to differences. As the song states: "A Cannon ball don't pay no mind"

Awesome AAs, albeit boring at times and ethnocentristic.
This is a great animatronic show and a technical tour-de-force. I won't tell you how the show loads the characters in and out of the theater. You'll have to read Vinyl Leaves or see if you can figure it out, but it's amazing! This attraction was designed as a follow-on to the Carousel of Progress when that one's circular stage area proved to be too limiting. The story of our country is beautiful and well-told and doesn't gloss over our problems, either. This show makes me cry every time!

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter