Superman: Escape From Krypton

Published: March 16, 2011

You'll launch backward from the Krypton-inspired launch station, blasting from zero to 104 miles per hour in less than seven seconds. Superman: The Escape debuted in March 2011 as an all-new rebuild of the cars and ride system for this Intamin-designed launch coaster.

Once you're sucked out of the station and down the track, momentum will carry you straight up a 415-foot tower for a moment of weightlessness before you drop, face-down at 90 degrees, back the way you came. It's pure speed back to the station, with the wind blowing 100 mph in your face.

Mike Flynn
eww! i hate this ride. once again fooled us but all they did was switch the cars around. i hate sfmm so much because cedar point stomps on them. SFMM SUCKS!
Sierra J
I rode this ride forward once and didn't think of it as anything phenomenal.
Now I rode it backwards...TOTALLY AWESOME!!
What's fun about it is that by being backwards you don't know what's coming so you're shooting down the straight track anticipating when you're going up. Then when you do all you can see is the park below you(it's impossible to move your head btw because of the force)and you get that awesome feeling in your stomach before plummeting down.
I also talked to one of the ride operators in line, apparently it also goes faster now >:D
Adrienne McDonald
I haven't ridden it backwards yet but like it fwds when I rode it. Anxiously awaiting my next ride! I can't wait.