A Touching Gesture by Fairy Godmother at the Magic Kingdom

Edited: March 25, 2016, 1:14 AM

Janice Murphy of Maryland was visiting Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom when she shared an extraordinary moment with Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.

Replies (7)

Edited: March 25, 2016, 1:15 AM

The woman portraying Fairy Godmother is acquainted with my family. She is a genuine legend -- having been a cast member in entertainment for decades. This particular story is indicative of her commitment to the guest experience and demonstrates why -- beyond the attractions and technology -- the Disney cast members are what makes a visit to a Disney theme park such a remarkable experience.

March 25, 2016, 1:34 AM

March 25, 2016, 7:01 AM

Thanks TH for posting this...
We live in a world full of hate and a whole lot of BS.
Nice to hear how there are still some kind folks in the world....

March 26, 2016, 8:25 AM

My aunt took my other aunt and two of her kids to Disney World this past week and she could only say glowing things about how kind the cast members were!

This is the key to customer (or guest) service folks! The small things still matter. Besides paying the Fairy Godmother to be in that spot, Disney did something that cost them absolutely nothing and yet it meant everything to this woman.

March 26, 2016, 8:27 AM

I would also like to point out that this is a Anna bear from Build a Bear!

DISNEY!

March 29, 2016, 11:52 AM

Agreed, much needed positivity is always welcome.

April 1, 2016, 2:45 PM

The story has reached a fairly broad spectrum of media outlets. 'People,' Huffington, Inside edition. CM's name remains a mystery. :o)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive