Shanghai disneyland future

May 15, 2016, 2:08 AM

With shanghai disneyland not even officially open to the public yet people are starting to wonder what the new rides are going to be in the coming years. After having seen most of the rides at the park they look amazing but a little lacking in some aspects as there aren't that many of them. As you can see on the map there is a lot of room for development.
So, I have heard that they are meant to be getting the expedition Everest ride clone from animal kingdom, also they will be getting a new trackless alice in wonderland ride and also apparently a new roller coaster based on the new marvel themed ride coming to disneys california adventure.
This looks like some really good new additions to the already excellent park can't wait to go there myself!
What do you think about these possible new rides or do you have any other rides you would like to see at the park?

Replies (1)

May 15, 2016, 8:57 AM

If I were Disney, I wouldn't even be thinking about expansion yet. This is a very different market, with different expectations. I'd put all my focus on getting the gates open, then sit, wait and watch. Does the Chinese consumer have different tastes? Do they prefer dfferent experiences to what Disney is used to catering for? Do they go to different attractions at different times?

I'd watch the traffic flow, then I'd start thinking about what sort of expansion to do, or what to include in it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive