Muppets coming to Liberty Square in Magic Kingdom?

June 29, 2016, 5:05 PM

From WDW News Today: BREAKING: The Muppets Are Coming to Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdm

"The Muppets are apparently coming to Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom. The rather lengthy facade refurbishment of the Heritage House seems to have been for this new attraction which will have The Muppets teaching and interacting with guests concerning U.S. history. The Muppets characters, which were reportedly built in a collaboration between the Muppet Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, will be appearing high above guests in the second story windows of Liberty Square."

Replies (12)

June 29, 2016, 5:22 PM

I'm all for this. This might bring a little spark of energy to Liberty Square. I'm really excited and I just can't wait for Sam the Eagle to interact with guests!

June 29, 2016, 6:48 PM

All they have to do is have someone portraying Alexander Hamilton if they want people to flock to Liberty Square! But this is pretty too

June 29, 2016, 7:21 PM

Will they be puppets with humans portraying them or animatronics? Maybe they are the discarded characters from California Adventures defunct Muppets attraction. They can reuse many Muppets props. Hope they don't do off color jokes like the failed Muppets television show.

June 29, 2016, 8:32 PM

This does seem...odd, to say the least (and this is coming from a Muppets fan).

June 30, 2016, 2:17 AM

I strikes me this is about the commitment to immersion within the park. That the park itself becomes one big attraction. The guests experiencing Muppet encounters without having to queue up.

Genius!

June 30, 2016, 8:25 AM

American History Sesame Street?

June 30, 2016, 3:48 PM

I assume this is going to be 'textbook' American History and not going to far into depth

June 30, 2016, 3:57 PM

I assume it's going to be entertaining and will make guests' visits to the Magic Kingdom more enjoyable and memorable.

June 30, 2016, 4:19 PM

Enough of this foolishness!

June 30, 2016, 4:51 PM

The muppets are no longer associated with the characters of Sesame Street.

July 1, 2016, 8:09 AM

Correct me if I am wrong (as if anyone around this joint needs such an invitation) but the only Muppet who has appeared on both Sesame Street and The Muppet Show is Kermit.

July 1, 2016, 8:40 AM

TH, while there have been crossovers, you are correct saying Kermit is the only one to appear on Sesame Street

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive