Is Enchanted Village Worth It?

Edited: July 24, 2016, 2:19 PM

So in the middle of August I'm planning on visiting Seattle for 3-4 days. However, as long as I'm up there, I'm also considering visiting Enchanted Village.

Has anyone been there and is it worth the drive there and back?

Replies (1)

July 24, 2016, 12:23 AM

Not sure what this has to do with Walt Disney World, but anyway...

I visited this park a few years ago when I was up in Washington for a couple days for a wedding. To be 100% honest, I probably would recommend skipping the park. From downtown Seattle, you're looking at probably a 30-45 minute drive each way for a park that, at best, is worth about 4 hours (I was only there about 2). It's not a bad park, but it is very small (for a So Cal reference, the combined amusement and water park is probably about the size of DCA if you took away all of Paradise Pier) and pretty much everything at the park is a stock ride that can be found at most amusement parks. The two exceptions to the above are Timberhawk, which, while not amazing, is actually a pretty good mid-size wood coaster, and Lumberjack Falls, which is probably my favorite splash boat attraction.

I'm not saying to avoid the park, and if you do happen to have a free half-day and want to visit an amusement park it would be worth checking out. Tickets are really cheap, particularly if you opt out of the water park. However, I would not sacrifice anything else in the Seattle area just for a visit.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive