Mean Streak Gets the Axe

August 1, 2016, 7:14 AM

Cedar Point just announced on Twitter that Mean Streak, their once loved but now widely loathed woodie, will (to use their phrase) "get the axe" on September 16th. The video they posted started with the words, "So long, partner" and then showed a strange bearded man with a maniacal laugh chopping away at the wooden supports of the coaster, then ended with the caption saying it would get the axe. That's all I have at this time.

Replies (4)

August 1, 2016, 7:23 AM

And hast thou slain the Mean Streak? O frabjous day! Calooh! Callay!

August 1, 2016, 8:33 AM

Since Mean Streak is getting the axe, I'd say something similar to Banshee gets put in the spot.

August 1, 2016, 9:25 AM

RMC RMC RMC RMC RMC RMC RMC RMC RMC

August 1, 2016, 5:08 PM

I figured this would be happening sooner or later. Now for the big question: What is replacing it, and when is it opening? I'd say a RMC I-Box is likely, but I could also see Cedar Point completely tearing it down for a new ride. I also wouldn't be surprised if it is a 2018 project since the park just got Valravn this year. Perhaps we'll learn more on September 16th. Either way, between this, Valravn, and Mystic Timbers I think another Midwest trip is in order in the next couple years.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive