How Intense is HPFJ?

August 5, 2016, 3:22 PM

I'm heading to SoCal mid August and spending a day at Studios. I'm really intrigued by Forbidden Journey but I don't know how intense it is since I can do most rides but no super intense ones. If anyone has been on it, please let me know how intense you think it is. Thanks!

Replies (3)

August 5, 2016, 3:49 PM

I'd say it's slightly more intense than Transformers and probably about on par with Revenge of the Mummy. It is definitely a thrill ride, but it is not nearly as extreme as a big roller coaster can be. If you're fine with other motion-based rides you should be fine with Forbidden Journey.

August 8, 2016, 4:53 AM

Maybe slightly more rough than Star Tours (shaking, dipping, etc)

Edited: August 8, 2016, 8:27 AM

If you want to get a better idea for how the ride moves, check out the video of Knight's Tournament below (I think you will need to copy and paste this into your own browser)

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=legoland+california+knights+tournament&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Keep in mind - On Forbidden Journey the seating is much different than it is in this video. Each arm holds four rides on an "enchanted bench" You do not rotate as far left or right as you see in this video and while the arm does extend straight up, placing you on your back, you NEVER go upside down at any time during the ride.

At Knight's Tournament, rides can select how intense they want the ride to be. In the background you can see some more extreme ride profiles. The arm in the foreground looks to be on one of the less extreme profiles.

Additionally, the arm is on a base that moves through a show building and at times, enters a carousel of dome theaters where 3-D or 2-D film is shown depending on which park you are in.

When it comes down to it, it's a remarkable attraction. Even if you choose not to ride walk through the castle. It's extraordinary!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive