Tokyo Disneyland Expansion

August 6, 2016, 4:22 PM

I'm excited for the Beauty and the Beast land in Tokyo Disneyland. When is the land slated to open? Also, will there still be a Frozen land in Tokyo DisneySea?

Replies (3)

August 6, 2016, 6:03 PM

I believe Beauty and the Beast should open around 2020 since they're doubling-down on it since I believe they scrapped the Wonderland mini area. Not sure if they're still doing Frozen

August 7, 2016, 2:31 PM

The new fantasyland for tokyo disneyland is set to open in 2020, there will be a beauty and the beast ride which looks like it will use trackless tech, a new restaurant, character meet and greets and also a new theatre show. From concept art the show looks like it could be tangled themed, but I am not too sure. Also they are demolishing autopia to build the land and a new big hero 6 ride (looks to be the same system utilised in maters junkyard jamboree).
As for tokyo disney sea storm rider is getting a finding nemo/dory overlay and they will also be getting a soarin ride (i think the nemo ride is opening next year and soarin possibly the year after).
I think they have scrapped the plans for the frozen land or they may still be planning on building it, but not anytime in the foreseeable future.

August 8, 2016, 2:43 PM

Thank you guys for the information!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive