Advice on which park to visit [1/27 - 2/16]

Edited: August 15, 2016, 4:11 AM

I'm currently planning my trip to Orlando and I'm looking for crowd advice. We are staying at International Drive in Orlando from 1/27 to 2/16. We are going to visit themeparks from 1/28 to 2/15. We're only using public transport and the complimentary shuttle service from our hotel.

We're planning to visit the following parks:
Disney World (2 days for each park, 8 total)
Universal (2 days for each park, 4 total)
Seaworld (1 or 2 days)
Seaworld Aquatica (depends on the weather)
Busch Garden (1 or 2 days)
Legoland Florida (1 day)

We booked for early February because of the low crowds. Nevertheless, we saw that there are some events during our visit:
A. The NFL Pro Bowl occurs on sunday 1/29 in Orlando with some events leading up to it at Disney World.
B. The National Dance Team Championship (NDTC) occurs from 2/3 to 2/5 at ESPN (Disney World)
C. The National High School Cheerleading Championship (NHSCC) occurs on 2/11 and 2/12 at ESPN (Disney World).

We're currently planning when to visit the parks with the events taking into account. Our thoughts:
1. Avoid Orlando (WDW, Universal, Seaworld) on 1/28 and 1/29 because of NFL. Visit Legoland and Busch Garden instead (which is better on saterday and which on sundays?)
2. Avoid Disney World from 2/9 to 2/12 because of NHSCC and 2/3 to 2/5 because of NDTC. Our thought was that Seaworld/Universal crowds will not see a huge impact from this event.

We're very curious about your advice during this period with those events. Which park(s) to visit on which day? And what is the impact to the crowd levels with those events?

Replies (2)

August 15, 2016, 6:12 AM

Take one of your Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios days and go to Fun Spot.

August 15, 2016, 6:13 AM

I also recommend checking out TouringPlans.com and buying one of their books (I'm not paid by them they are just really good).

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive