Extra Magic Hours

August 18, 2016, 1:56 PM

Is the FastPass system up and running during Extra Magic Hour, or do they hold off opening the system until the park opens to the general public?

Replies (3)

August 18, 2016, 9:08 PM

Unless something has changed recently, Fastpass distribution does not begin until the park officially opens for the day. However, early entry visitors are welcome to line up during that period in order to be the first to grab a Fastpass at their chosen attraction. In my experience, your best bet is to try to do 2-3 attractions that will get a long line later in the day, then jump in the Fastpass queue for the next busiest Fastpass attraction about 10 minutes before the early entry period ends.

August 19, 2016, 8:15 AM

Thank AJ. A coworker is staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time, and her grand-daughter is desperate to see the new Frozen show. I'll tell her to plan on being at the distribution center just before official park opening.

August 19, 2016, 3:35 PM

One thing to remember: if you are a fast pass runner for the family; all people you run for must be in the park! A friend of mine made this mistake even though he and his family was staying on Disney property.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive